Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Totally confused re JFK check-in for NRT flight (BizElite)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold

I've checked both the NW and DL websites and FT and still can't figure out where I'm supposed to check in for my flight from JFK to NRT. It's a NW flight number but operated on DL metal. Apparently the flight leaves from terminal 4, which appears not to be connected to terminals 2 and 3. But I read that only terminal 2 has BizElite check-in?

Or is there a separate NWA check in at terminal 4 that I'm supposed to use? This is also not clear.

Would be grateful if anyone could tell me where I'm supposed to check in for BE for the NRT flight! (And if you have lounge advice, i.e. which lounge is closest to gate B22 or which lounge is best, that would be much appreciated also!)

Many thanks!!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 3:26 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Terminal 4. There should be a special area for you to check in, apart from the riff-raff.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
There's a big board front and center at T4 which tells you what counter to go to for what flight, so you won't have any problem finding the check-in counters. The have some counters designated for economy, and some for business, right next to each other but with separate lines.

The lounge that you get with BizElite is the Oasis lounge, which is (unfortunately) landside but there's a separate security line for business, first, and elites.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:36 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I've checked both the NW and DL websites and FT and still can't figure out where I'm supposed to check in for my flight from JFK to NRT. It's a NW flight number but operated on DL metal. Apparently the flight leaves from terminal 4, which appears not to be connected to terminals 2 and 3. But I read that only terminal 2 has BizElite check-in?

Or is there a separate NWA check in at terminal 4 that I'm supposed to use? This is also not clear.

Would be grateful if anyone could tell me where I'm supposed to check in for BE for the NRT flight! (And if you have lounge advice, i.e. which lounge is closest to gate B22 or which lounge is best, that would be much appreciated also!)

Many thanks!!
I took this same flight ~3 weeks ago. While you can check in at T4, you also can check in in T2 (the BE/Medallion) terminal. It is much smaller than T4, and has at least 8 stations (though not all with TAs) for BE to check in at. When I was there on a Saturday for NW799, I was the only person in the BE checkin line. You can access the T2 lounge (airside) or the T4 lounge (Oasis -- outside of security). I would go to checkin at T2 again in a heartbeat, as it was really sooooo easy and quick.

Also perhaps, due to the time of day or some other alignment of the stars, there was absolutely no line for security in T2. Yes, I kid not. Others claim the line can be big, but in 2/2 instances, the line has been essentially non-existant. (One time was for NW799, the other was on a Friday afternoon ~5:30pm.)

I have not been to the Oasis, but the fact it is landside made me not use it, with the uncertainty of how long the security line might be for my T4 flight. I used the SC by gate 26 in T2. There really is no differentiation in SC anymore, since they all have the same awful food offerings, except for location in the terminals.

To get from T2 to T4 staying airside, there is a bus that leaves T2 at gate 19 every 15 minutes. It takes ~10 minutes to get over to T4 and was easy and convenient. There were only 4 people on my bus trip over. There is no real bus announcement, just be there at the time, tell the GA at 19 you want the bus. The gate was just across from the bus gate in T4.

Have a good trip.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Thanks for the great info! I think I'll check in at T2 and use the Skyclub. I can't imagine using a lounge landside, given the unpredictability of TSA (not just the lines but never knowing whether you'll get a secondary grope).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.