Search

Mixing F and Y on Award

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Mixing F and Y on Award

Hey Guys --

I apologize if this has been answered before -- but I was unable to figure out the right search terms to get the answer.

I'm wanting to go from BOS-->ATL in November. It looks like there are cheap F tickets on the return (only 5k more than the Y ticket), but not on the outbound.

So what I'd like to do is book outbound Y, return F -- but I cannot figure out how to do this. Is this possible on the website?

Thanks!
Matt
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Not possible on DL.com.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by raehl311
Not possible on DL.com.
You can on NW.com but I think it is too late to move the miles so you will have to call.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by raehl311
Not possible on DL.com.
It is possible on delta.com, as posters have noted correctly in other threads.

Using the award calendar, search the relevant date range <I am flexible - show me more dates>, select a class of service (button - upper right) and date. Select class of service and date for the return.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It is possible on delta.com, as posters have noted correctly in other threads.

Using the award calendar, search the relevant date range <I am flexible - show me more dates>, select a class of service (button - upper right) and date. Select class of service and date for the return.
I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure that out and had no luck.

OK, possible, but not obvious, and may not work given general usability of DL award calendar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.