FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Update from Perry: Medallion reservations handling (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/996504-update-perry-medallion-reservations-handling.html)

mnredfox Sep 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Good news. Chisholm is touted as one of the best CS centers for all of NW. I can personally attest.

MikeyZBT Sep 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by GoCanes (Post 12402840)
I would like to translate this quote:

Silver Medallion members will also be directed to India where elite customer’s needs to book itineraries and answer questions will probably get screwed up and end up in – Chisholm, Cincinnati and Salt Lake City. All agents that handle every level of Medallion calls, except those in India, have significant training to help provide the level of service that comes with being among Delta’s most frequent travelers, but for Silver Medallion because you well, suck.

Fantastic! That was the exact reaction I had when I read this...

I sure am happy, I'm becoming Gold this year!

TheMoose Sep 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 12402882)
I think you're right. DL has advertised...

Premium Sales & Services - Dedicated Phone Line
Silver: Priority
Gold: Higher Priority
Platinum: Highest Priority
Diamond: VIP Line

Yep, they have advertised that all right. All they need to do to make good on their advertisement is to route Diamond calls to Chisholm. ^

Winkdaddy Sep 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider (Post 12402757)

Oh, and one final note that we cannot stress enough – we are doing our very best to get information out to you here, via e-mail and on delta.com, but please understand that many of your questions are complex in nature and it takes a team of people (at times) to provide an accurate answer. We could just toss out information recklessly, but we know that you will pick out every inaccurate, nuanced detail. That only serves to frustrate everyone in the process; clearly this is not in anyone’s best interest. Our approach will continue to be thoughtful – we monitor your questions (daily), review the issues that seem to be the source of the most conversation (weekly), and work on responses to those (as quickly as we can). There will be a bit of a lag for responses – so please be patient. We want to keep you ‘in the know’ because we value all of our frequent travelers.

SkyMilesInsider

Thanks for the update on the customer service centers!

Can the next topic you address be the concerns and issues most of the Flyertalk members have about the Delta.com award booking engine? ;) I know this is probably one of those very complicated ones to address, but any kind of explanation or assurance of a plan to fix it would make so many people happy knowing Delta is aware of the problem and actively seeking a solution..

Thanks!

AndyTLe Sep 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by TheMoose (Post 12407359)
Yep, they have advertised that all right. All they need to do to make good on their advertisement is to route Diamond calls to Chisholm. ^

Just wondering, which call center would be better prepared to handle a "VIP Line", a DL or NW? Wouldn't that depend largely on the computer systems that is used as there will be a learning curve.

avidflyer Sep 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 12407581)
Just wondering, which call center would be better prepared to handle a "VIP Line", a DL or NW? Wouldn't that depend largely on the computer systems that is used as there will be a learning curve.

I think there have been some posts by some Res folks here and they are saying the NW back-end system is far more accessible so hopefully they go with that. If that is the case then Chisholm would probably be best suited just from a familiarity standpoint.

bowdenj Sep 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Thanks for the update. I rarely have to call - perhaps 2-3 times a year but its nice to know that we'll still have MN.

Stripe Sep 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Keep in mind that it doesn't matter how experienced and dedicated an agent is if they become subject to restrictive rules about how much they can do to accommodate a customer, and if they get punished for going outside of those boundaries. One hears anecdotally from the NW reps today that "we used to be able to do that but not since Delta took over".

AndyTLe Sep 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 12407711)
Keep in mind that it doesn't matter how experienced and dedicated an agent is if they become subject to restrictive rules about how much they can do to accommodate a customer, and if they get punished for going outside of those boundaries. One hears anecdotally from the NW reps today that "we used to be able to do that but not since Delta took over".

Maybe DL or NW Res Agents can come in, is this more a product of the incompatible systems or DL restricting the NW reps? As there are thing on the DL side that aren't able to be done (such as SDCing to NW metal) without a phone call to the NW side of things.

ResSalesGuy Sep 20, 2009 9:50 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

It's definitely the IT. Actually we at NW are being told that DL will become more empowered, no one is telling us we can't do what we have always done. It's just the opposite!

thezipper Sep 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Thaks for the info SkyMilesInsider... Looks like you will be as helpful and informative as NW Scoop was in the NW Forum!

Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider (Post 12402757)
SMI had the chance to spend the day with Perry Cantarutti, vice president – reservations sales & customer care, while in CVG ...

<SNIP>

Until next time …

SkyMilesInsider

hfly Sep 20, 2009 12:21 pm

I would suppose that Diamond Elites would get routed to the existing VIP line which has been in operation for the last two years or so.

hnewman Sep 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Specific Question about EEP

SkyMilesInsider I will hit 125K Sept. 30th. What happens to EEP for both my 125K and later my 150K Elite Extra Perk given the merger of programs?

avidflyer Sep 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by hnewman (Post 12409928)
SkyMilesInsider I will hit 125K Sept. 30th. What happens to EEP for both my 125K and later my 150K Elite Extra Perk given the merger of programs?

Just select them. I have taken both my EEP's at 125 and 150 (I took the miles). You will get new picks for DM in March.

hnewman Sep 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 12409947)
Just select them. I have taken both my EEP's at 125 and 150 (I took the miles). You will get new picks for DM in March.

For this year which site and how long will it be down? NW or DL