Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Redeeming flight award on China Airlines and Singapore Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Has anyone had any recent experience redeeming Skymiles for flights to asia on CI or SQ? Is it very difficult to get availability or it's not too bad? Could someone who has experience with redeeming award on these two carriers share some thoughts? Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
This should help with SQ.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-skymiles.html
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Be careful with CI. CI is only now in the process of refurbishing its Dynasty Business Class cabins on certain aircraft so that it competes with the industry-standard 60-inches of pitch in Business. I think they've branded the new, improved Business product "Dynasty Supreme" or something like that. The previous generation and the generation before that were both a lot more like Premium Economy than true international Business Class.

In the past, CI awards were all measured to and from TPE. So LAX-TPE-BKK required two awards, commensurately increasing the mileage required. Don't know if that has changed recently.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Be careful with CI. CI is only now in the process of refurbishing its Dynasty Business Class cabins on certain aircraft so that it competes with the industry-standard 60-inches of pitch in Business. I think they've branded the new, improved Business product "Dynasty Supreme" or something like that. The previous generation and the generation before that were both a lot more like Premium Economy than true international Business Class.

In the past, CI awards were all measured to and from TPE. So LAX-TPE-BKK required two awards, commensurately increasing the mileage required. Don't know if that has changed recently.
Was NOT aware that CI was going to upgrade their Business.
Their 747 Business from TPE to LAX/SFO and TPE to NRT is dreadful.
Most of the local Taiwan people use EVA for Business as CI is so bad.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by zman
Was NOT aware that CI was going to upgrade their Business.
Their 747 Business from TPE to LAX/SFO and TPE to NRT is dreadful.
Most of the local Taiwan people use EVA for Business as CI is so bad.
Looks like CI has four 744's, six A330's, and six A340's configured for Dynasty Supreme long-haul. From the looks of the website, it seems like the Dynasty Supreme product is similar to DL's 763 International product-- a recliner with ~60 inches of pitch.

With so many aircraft reconfigured, I'd surmise that most LAX flights have the improved product, and other long-haul flights op'd by A330's and A340's do too.

Of course, beware of aircraft substitutions. This page promoting Dynasty Supreme fares through fall 2009 has fine print basically warning that you might get the new product (F12/J49) or the older product (F14/J64).
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Looks like CI has four 744's, six A330's, and six A340's configured for Dynasty Supreme long-haul. From the looks of the website, it seems like the Dynasty Supreme product is similar to DL's 763 International product-- a recliner with ~60 inches of pitch.

With so many aircraft reconfigured, I'd surmise that most LAX flights have the improved product, and other long-haul flights op'd by A330's and A340's do too.

Of course, beware of aircraft substitutions. This page promoting Dynasty Supreme fares through fall 2009 has fine print basically warning that you might get the new product (F12/J49) or the older product (F14/J64).
The F product isn't bad though, even the old version. That could be an option.

Megatop is also right in that all CI awards used to be Taipei based, and travelling through TPE would actually involve 2 awards. I have not heard of any changes in that policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.