FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   In flight video on DELTA 747 ATL-NRT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/996137-flight-video-delta-747-atl-nrt.html)

adamfrey Sep 17, 2009 3:56 pm

In flight video on DELTA 747 ATL-NRT

I was curious if the Delta 747 from ATL to NRT has individual TVs. It says on Seat guru that they do, BUT the NW 747 never had individual TVs, only the overhead. I was not sure if Delta refurbed them??

thanks

mersk862 Sep 17, 2009 4:00 pm

BusinessElite has PTVs, coach has overhead monitors.

The interiors are the same as the Northwest ones, and the flights still are operated by Northwest (even though they might have a DL paint scheme; which, given that less than half of the 747s have a DL paint scheme, you could well be on a NW-painted 747 to Tokyo).

DiscoPapa Sep 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Business Elite, yes....Coach, no, just big projector screens on the bulkheads.

cozabayan Sep 17, 2009 7:58 pm

And the quality is very bad, like watching old time movies from betamax tape videos, blurry and old looking screen.

Bring your own video player, from ATL-NRT, NRT-ATL, you will get the worse possible airplane in the world for entertainment (and no priorities for babies!).

N830MH Sep 18, 2009 12:16 am

Originally Posted by cozabayan (Post 12398428)
And the quality is very bad, like watching old time movies from betamax tape videos, blurry and old looking screen.

Bring your own video player, from ATL-NRT, NRT-ATL, you will get the worse possible airplane in the world for entertainment (and no priorities for babies!).

Yeah, they will able to bring the DVD players along with them. Once he will entrance into security checkpoint. All electronics device must come off from carryon to put in the bins to separately the x-ray equipment.

SkaterJasp Sep 20, 2009 1:37 am

Originally Posted by cozabayan (Post 12398428)

Of course their the worse possible airplane in the world for entertainment, they came from Northwest.

To the OP:
If you do bring your own DVD player or laptop, also bring some extra batteries... it's a long flight. There's no outlets in Coach.

BIMMERKID2 Sep 20, 2009 7:59 am

theres a fix for that.. when people are sleeping or theres very thin lines at the bathroom, sit in there and plug in to one of the outlets in the lav. and sit in there a while until its charged.... ;) ^:D I've done that before on LH A343's or B744's enroute to Europe in the past. :)

Originally Posted by SkaterJasp (Post 12408306)
Of course their the worse possible airplane in the world for entertainment, they came from Northwest.

To the OP:
If you do bring your own DVD player or laptop, also bring some extra batteries... it's a long flight. There's no outlets in Coach.

kcmh Sep 20, 2009 10:14 am

Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2 (Post 12408928)
theres a fix for that.. when people are sleeping or theres very thin lines at the bathroom, sit in there and plug in to one of the outlets in the lav. and sit in there a while until its charged.... ;) ^:D I've done that before on LH A343's or B744's enroute to Europe in the past. :)

You owe me a new keyboard I just spit soda all over it laughing at that. Now thats classic funny right there.

BIMMERKID2 Sep 20, 2009 10:26 am

:D Do I? :D Hey, it gets the job done.. However,once I had an LH F/a knock on the door and wondering if i was ok since she noticed the door locked for over 25-30 min.... and i said back.. nah i fell in
then she was like you need help? I then replied.. no... I'm charging my Laptop and then i heard her laugh and then she walked off.

Originally Posted by kcmh (Post 12409358)
You owe me a new keyboard I just spit soda all over it laughing at that. Now thats classic funny right there.

worldexpress Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm

please don't do that.. it's inconsiderate and the lavatories aren't there for that function. if more people did this, it'd create a problem. it's immature, selfish and not funny at all.

3Cforme Sep 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by adamfrey (Post 12397450)
I was curious if the Delta 747 from ATL to NRT has individual TVs. It says on Seat guru that they do...

The SeatGuru entries for the 747-400 under both DL and NW are correct: they DO NOT claim PTV in coach. So, it's been corrected or the OP had it wrong from the start.

clintonuws Sep 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Um, no... really... No, wait... No... really... No.

How unglamorous is that? I sat on the bathroom for 2 hours on my flight today.

I agree, very funny.

griffey3032 Sep 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by worldexpress (Post 12410441)
please don't do that.. it's inconsiderate and the lavatories aren't there for that function. if more people did this, it'd create a problem. it's immature, selfish and not funny at all.

I think it's smart and very funny. I mean if someone really needed to get in there is more than one bathroom.

goodandclassy Sep 20, 2009 4:50 pm

there are also some standard US outlets at the floor level by the emergency exit on the 777 (at least on BA's fleet). BA did not have in-seat power so it was a bit of a god-send.

However, I was scolded for using the 'emergency only power port' (?!) but complied nonetheless...

i am not sure if the other 7x7s have it, and there may be a sliding panel over it... but could be worth a shot...

Stripe Sep 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Also, you would probably have more legroom than your Y seat on the DL 747, and it wouldn't be that much harder on your rear end.