Midwest Flights for EQMs?

Old Sep 17, 09, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Midwest Flights for EQMs?

Howdy. You've been able to earn Northwest World Perks elite qualifying miles on Midwest for some time. Does anyone know if this will continue with Delta? I'm sure mileage accrual will continue, but what about EQM? I keep searching around and haven't seen anything definitive.

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 09, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I asked this of YX a few weeks ago and they said that they expect the relationship to transfer over to DL this fall.
Old Sep 17, 09, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Midwest (YX) is listed in the Sky magazine this month as one of the partners DL is actively working with to bring in as a SkyMiles partner.

This may or may not happen by the time WorldPerks mileage accrual goes away. It's a timing issue and one may preceed the other by a couple of days or weeks or months. I haven't heard any specific dates for the partnership though.

-RM
Old Sep 17, 09, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Midwest (YX) is listed in the Sky magazine this month as one of the partners DL is actively working with to bring in as a SkyMiles partner.

This may or may not happen by the time WorldPerks mileage accrual goes away. It's a timing issue and one may preceed the other by a couple of days or weeks or months. I haven't heard any specific dates for the partnership though.

-RM
My guess is that it will happen when the two programs combine in a couple of weeks...as well as the rest of the former WP partners coming over.
Old Sep 17, 09, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post

-RM
I certainly hope they get it done before my flights in Nov. on Midwest. I didn't think to check the timeline when purchasing the tickets. It seems that my NW account will be gone by then.
Old Sep 17, 09, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
In the NW forum it was posted that original accrual rules will be upheld. No details or reliable sources, might be that you will have to write-in and get a manual credit. Either way, I would still try ticketing it now (before 10/1) and adding your WorldPerks number. At least then you have a chance, worst case it's no different than had you put your SM number in there.
Old Sep 19, 09, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Republic

My main basis for being nervous is that Delta no longer owns Midwest - they were sold to Republic a few months ago (Republic also bought Frontier)... so we'll see!

Search this Thread