Direct Ticketing Charge Exemption changes

Old Sep 16, 09, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Direct Ticketing Charge Exemption changes

Effective October 1, 2009 Platinum Medallion and Gold Medallion members will no longer be charged the Direct Ticketing Charge when purchasing tickets or redeeming a travel award.

We knew this was coming, but I just found out that it goes into effect, October 1st.
Old Sep 16, 09, 3:30 pm

Great news! The website had originally said "Spring 2010" for this.
Old Sep 16, 09, 3:33 pm

Fantastic.
Old Sep 16, 09, 4:46 pm

was an insult to charge $20 for phone award booking considering how bad the online award engine is.
Old Sep 16, 09, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So in a few weeks DL management is actually going to start cutting back (a little) on DL's addiction to fees on award tickets.
Old Sep 17, 09, 6:36 am

Programs: DL MM & DM; Marriott, AmEx, Chase, Cap1
Now I won't have to request a transfer to web site tech support in order to get the direct ticketing fee waived. This was such a time-waster that most times I just went ahead and paid the charge to have the agent book it without the transfer.
Old Sep 17, 09, 6:49 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by safigan View Post
Now I won't have to request a transfer to web site tech support in order to get the direct ticketing fee waived. This was such a time-waster that most times I just went ahead and paid the charge to have the agent book it without the transfer.
I did often waste the time and transfer, but I'm in complete agreement that not having to do so--or even having to decide whether or not to transfer or pay--is a BIG plus.

Most of the time I don't have problems trying to book on delta.com, and I almost always try there first. However, when there is a glitch in the system, it's nice that we can just deal directly with SMS without a fee.
Old Sep 17, 09, 7:07 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
I've actually had the charge dropped by the people at the SMS when talking to them directly and telling them about the problems that I've had with the website (one time no transfer needed and another time they told me that they were going to transfer me). Maybe it's because I go to such off-beat places (Kosice mainly) and use their partner airlines (Czech in this case), but knowing that I don't have to worry about the fee is a good thing... Even with Delta dropping the fee, I'll still try to do it myself first cause I hate the voice of the woman on the IVR when you first call.
Old Sep 17, 09, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
So in a few weeks DL management is actually going to start cutting back (a little) on DL's addiction to fees on award tickets.
I want to make note of your . Just goes to show you, that some times, Delta can make a move that is in the right direction.

Search this Thread