JFK Terminal 2

Old Sep 16, 09, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
JFK Terminal 2

I have a flight coming up out of JFK. I usually fly out of LGA so JFK is new to me for domestic travel. As a GM, can I use the Business Elite check in area I have heard about at Terminal 2? Or is there somewhere else that Medallions check in? I will be arriving by AirTrain.
Old Sep 16, 09, 2:24 pm

Programs: New to United
Originally Posted by majortom546 View Post
I have a flight coming up out of JFK. I usually fly out of LGA so JFK is new to me for domestic travel. As a GM, can I use the Business Elite check in area I have heard about at Terminal 2? Or is there somewhere else that Medallions check in? I will be arriving by AirTrain.
Yes you can use the BE/medallion check-in at T2.
Old Sep 16, 09, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can use it but if arriving on Airtrain it is much less convenient.

T3 is easy. Stay at the front of the train (assuming from a LIRR/NYCT connection), go up the escalators, across the overpass and down right into the terminal.

For T2 you ride at the back of the train, go downstairs, cross a parking lot, some stairs, a roadway and then into the terminal.

Depending on the time of day I know that T3 can be a zoo, but the schlep from AirTrain to T2 isn't a walk in the park either.
Old Sep 16, 09, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
You definitely can use the BE/First/Medallion check-in at T2, but it's a walk from the airTrain station. The station arrives directly across from the front check-in area of Terminal 3 which is regular check-in. You might have to do a little walking down the T3 ramp and over to T2 (or you can walk through the parking deck alternatively, I've done this before as well). I usually do the walk to T2 though, as the security line is significantly less in T2 than the T3 checkpoints. Plus if you get upgraded, you can skip the line by finding a DL employee around the security line to let you bypass. There isn't one stationed there, but every so often one comes walking by and they have generally been pretty good about walking me straight up to the TSA ID checkers.

Hope this helps! I usually find LGA more chaotic than JFK, but that may only be because I know JFK better!

Edit: Darn, SBM12 beat me to it! :-)
Old Sep 16, 09, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
I definitely miss the old T3 BE check-in right in front. That was great and easy. I am not sure why they moved it. I think back at that time, Song was using T2 and I think Saudi Arabia airways still had a T2 check-in area (or what was left of one).

I personally prefer T2 over T3, by far. Worth the extra steps over to T2, which is not far at all from the Airtrain. It is an easy walk. I am no longer medallion, but still use T2 kiosk check-in as no one seems to mind.
Old Sep 16, 09, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Thanks for the responses. Im going to use terminal 2 check in I think. Especially after taking my grandparents to Terminal 3 today and helping them check in. It was a zoo!
Old Sep 16, 09, 10:31 pm

I don't think the walk from the AirTrain is that bad. So I prefer T2 when it's nice out, as it's usually less crowded than T3.

Search this Thread