DL dropped SFO/SJC-LAX?

Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
DL dropped SFO/SJC-LAX?

I could have sworn that DL used to fly SFO-LAX. When did this route get dropped?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by ifette
I could have sworn that DL used to fly SFO-LAX. When did this route get dropped?
It was a code share with Express Jet; thaht hasn't been around for a long time now. They do fly SFO-SLC-LAX and return for comparable prices.

Edit: Also Alaska now, apparently.

Last edited by DLATL777; Sep 16, 2009 at 11:29 am
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ifette
Yea I have been going Alaska SFO-LAX weekly and it is working out well. I hear (from FT) that they are going to be killing that route in the winter so it looks like I will route over SLC whenever I have time to burn other wise AA has great service to the Bay Area.. Last week DL were offering LAX-SFO over SLC for $117.00
Old Sep 16, 2009, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
I just booked SFO-SLC-LAX-SLC-SFO for tomorrow (need to be in Santa Monica for a meeting tomorrow afternoon). It's sort of crazy to fly to LA via Salt Lake... way out of the way, and makes a 1 hour flight a 4-5 hour affair Seems like if AS drops it, I'm going to be royally screwed. As it is, AS was way more expensive for tomorrow.

Sadly, first class appears to be full for 3 out of the 4 segments. I'm betting it's filled with FOs that got upgraded last night Wish they would hold a few seats out for battlefield upgrades...
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Yea I have been going Alaska SFO-LAX weekly and it is working out well. I hear (from FT) that they are going to be killing that route in the winter so it looks like I will route over SLC whenever I have time to burn other wise AA has great service to the Bay Area.. Last week DL were offering LAX-SFO over SLC for $117.00
Correct- sounds like sometime in Jan 2010 IIRC...

However, when things turn around, AS will probably look @ this route again.... just too much competition with too low of yields with all the airlines on it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.