JFK-SFO New J Seats Status

Old Sep 16, 09, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Marriott P
JFK-SFO New J Seats Status

Are all the trancon 757's converted to new J seats? I have noticed seat maps for 757's where 26 seats have been replaced with 18. What about 738's?
Old Sep 16, 09, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
One will not find BusinessElite seats in a 737-800. The 757s with these seats are the long range TATL models that have been redeployed to specific transcon routes.
Old Sep 16, 09, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
One will not find BusinessElite seats in a 737-800. The 757s with these seats are the long range TATL models that have been redeployed to specific transcon routes.
Forgive me I should probably know this (and not that it makes any real difference or want anyone to provoke a debate), but did legacy DL have the reconstituted 757s with BE seating or are those legacy NW birds? Just interested!

Safe Travels
Old Sep 16, 09, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by GTITAN View Post
Forgive me I should probably know this (and not that it makes any real difference or want anyone to provoke a debate), but did legacy DL have the reconstituted 757s with BE seating or are those legacy NW birds? Just interested!

Safe Travels
The 757 with BE have been used mostly for International service to smaller European destinations. DL has had the planes before NW came into the fold. Now they planes are being redeployed to run "premium" transcon routes. SFO/LAX-JFK
Old Sep 16, 09, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...k-lax-sfo.html

757 with BE seats LAX/SFO-JFK with 767-300ER BE in the mix once in a while.
Old Sep 16, 09, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
The 757 with BE have been used mostly for International service to smaller European destinations. DL has had the planes before NW came into the fold. Now they planes are being redeployed to run "premium" transcon routes. SFO/LAX-JFK
Thanks Andy!! Cool, legacy NW had some of these as well. While I personally think it can be a little long for these going TATL (especially if you hit some head winds), I think they're about perfect for transcon! Thumbs up to DL!!

Safe Travels!
Old Sep 16, 09, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by GTITAN View Post

Safe Travels
As Andy noted, both parties had TATL 757s, Delta getting theirs from AA, ex-TWA, and putting in BusinessElite seats and LCD screens. The combined fleet has something just short of umpteen 757 configs.
Old Sep 16, 09, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
As Andy noted, both parties had TATL 757s, Delta getting theirs from AA, ex-TWA, and putting in BusinessElite seats and LCD screens. The combined fleet has something just short of umpteen 757 configs.
It's funny that everyone continues to call these planes ex-TWA - that's what AA called them too.

Search this Thread