Use DL fmile or CZ award ticket

Old Sep 16, 09, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Use DL fmile or CZ award ticket

I think there is problem with DL award ticket system. I want use DL mile for a CZ award ticket on Sep 30. But DL agent told me that there was no award seat available that day for the flight I requested.

I checked with CZ and learned that there was two seats available on that flight. In order to make sure it is not the CZ's problem( I orginally thought that maybe CZ did not release the seat to skyteam member airlines), I checked with KE and KE can see the award seat.

Anyone has such experience? Is Delta deliberately masking the award seat? How to fix this problem?
Old Sep 16, 09, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
As the old FT adage goes, call back and try again. You probably got a lazy agent.
Old Sep 16, 09, 6:02 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
I agree. Calling again will hopefully get you an agent who can work with you. It's remarkable how big a disparity there is between good phone agents, and others who don't know or care enough to help the customer.
Old Sep 16, 09, 6:28 am

Programs: DL PM, PLAT MARRIOTT, GOLD *WOOD, EXEC ELITE NATIONAL, 5* Hertz
In the past, I also saw a disparity of award tickets availability among SkyTeam partners. For example, in January, I saw an award ticket on NW that didn't show up on DL, and in summer 08 there was an award ticket on CO that DL couldn't book. Yes, I've used multiple agents, web, etc and no luck. What it turnes out to be is that an award seat could be held by specific airlines for their own passengers for as long as they wish and then be released to the "SkyTeam pool" at the airline's discreetion (if ever). One of the DL agents told me this and I verified it with DL through "my sources" .

At the end of the day a non-rev seat is a non-rev seat. They can do whatever they want with it.
Old Sep 16, 09, 8:13 am

Programs: AMEX Cenutrion, DL Platinum, CO Gold, US Plat., VS Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat.
aliv is right about this one. DL may not be able to latch on to free seats that CZ has made available. However, as others have said, I would keep checking on ExpertFlyer (they handily show CZ award availability) and if you keep seeing such availability, I'd keep bugging DL about it until you are able to grab those seats, which will hopefully happen sooner rather than later.
Old Sep 17, 09, 1:10 am
Original Poster

I checked with AF and they can also see the award ticket as CZ sees. What happens to DL? Is DL the only Skyteam airline that has such issue with its partner? Is it its IT system issue or else?

I actually called several times and different agents have the same answer. The agents I called are located in Singapore.
Old Sep 18, 09, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Kudos to CZ agent

I finally ticketed the award ticket and selected the outbound date I did not want. Then I called CZ agent to change the date to my desired date. It is complicated but it worked. But CZ agent did what was not supposed to be done by her. Kudos to CZ agent! DL agent just sucks!

Search this Thread