Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Converting Delta Skymiles to Hilton Honors

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Converting Delta Skymiles to Hilton Honors

I understand that direct conversion between the two isn't available.

I'm wondering, though, if there are any indirect hoops I can jump through to ultimately result in transferring my 70,000 Skymiles to Hilton Honors?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
There's no way to do it without a huge loss in value. What you can do is try to find an exchange in the Coupon Connection.

In order to access Coupon Connection 90 days membership on FlyerTalk is required, along with 90 posts.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by sdchap
I understand that direct conversion between the two isn't available.

I'm wondering, though, if there are any indirect hoops I can jump through to ultimately result in transferring my 70,000 Skymiles to Hilton Honors?
No. There is no way to convert DL miles to HH even indirectly. If you are a Medallion member you can covert 18,600 SkyMiles into an American Express hotel gift card in the amount of $100. Here is the description of the card from medallionmarketplace.com
$100 Value American Express®-branded Delta Hotel Card. The reward card can be used at virtually all hotels that accept American Express® Cards. The reward card will be personalized with the name of the card recipient (the "ship to" name entered during the checkout process) and may not be transferred or used by another person.
So if you use the card for a Hilton stay then you would earn the normal HH points for that stay.

A conversion won't work even through points.com.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
At this time, once the point is a Delta SkyMile, it will remain a Delta SkyMile until redeemed. There is no way to exchange DL miles into points with other loyalty programs.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The OP got essentially the same set of answers to this query six months ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...les-hotel.html

Perhaps he was thinking of AA miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.