FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   OLCI - Delta with award ticket.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/995169-olci-delta-award-ticket.html)

AutoMotoPhoto Sep 15, 2009 8:19 am

OLCI - Delta with award ticket..

Hello.

I've searched for an answer even though this appears to be rudimentary, I just want to make sure. Simple question..

Using my SkyMiles (for the first time ever) I was able to purchase a flight out SJC>IAH>AMS>BLQ via the Delta website. The first flight is with Continental, the rest with KLM. I guess I'm a little confused as to where to check in, both physically and online..I'm assuming checking in online would be as before via my own Delta account where I purchased the ticket, but checking in at the airport, do I go to the Delta desk or the Continental desk?

I'm assuming my bags will be checked all the way through to BLQ too.

Thanks for any help!

Andrew

zman Sep 15, 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by AutoMotoPhoto (Post 12383228)
Hello.

I've searched for an answer even though this appears to be rudimentary, I just want to make sure. Simple question..

Using my SkyMiles (for the first time ever) I was able to purchase a flight out SJC>IAH>AMS>BLQ via the Delta website. The first flight is with Continental, the rest with KLM. I guess I'm a little confused as to where to check in, both physically and online..I'm assuming checking in online would be as before via my own Delta account where I purchased the ticket, but checking in at the airport, do I go to the Delta desk or the Continental desk?

I'm assuming my bags will be checked all the way through to BLQ too.

Thanks for any help!

Andrew

You need to check in at the airline (Metal) that actually does the flight.
They will chcek the bag all the way through.
As an International flight is involved, you can NOT check-in on line.

danpeake Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm

You should be able to check into you flight online. You will check in online and at the airport with Continental since they are who your first flight is with.

In fact, if you go to Continental's website now, you should be able to type in your confirmation number and pull up your booking.

bmh3s Sep 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake (Post 12384921)
You should be able to check into you flight online. You will check in online and at the airport with Continental since they are who your first flight is with.

In fact, if you go to Continental's website now, you should be able to type in your confirmation number and pull up your booking.

Danpeake is correct---only additional trick is that you will need your CO confirmation number (which is different from your DL confirmation number) to be able to check-in via continental.com. Your CO confirmation number should be on your Delta itinerary (if not, log into your SkyMiles account to look at the itinerary on-line--it should list separate confirmation numbers for CO and KLM for the legs operated by those carriers). You'll enter your passport number, etc. b/c it's an international flight.

The other potential hiccup I just thought of is: If your trip is after the October 24th(?) or whatever date CO leaves skyteam, it may prevent you from checking in on-line. But if it is, you'll still be able to check-in at the airport and they'll check your bags all the way through.

NWA012 Sep 15, 2009 10:43 pm

When you attempt check-in online with Continental if you don't don't receive boarding passes for the KLM segments try nwa.com starting from IAH.

AutoMotoPhoto Sep 16, 2009 7:58 am

Thanks everyone...

Okay, used my Delta Conf# and then went to Continental online and picked my seat..! Done the same with KLM..!

So now all I have to do is checkin online at Continental, and go to their counter in SJC on Sunday morning (leaving home at an ungodly hour..)

Thanks everyone for the help.

Andrew