Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electronic Transportation Credit voucher

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:04 pm
ftv
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Electronic Transportation Credit voucher

I was issued an ETC voucher to be used on Delta.com. probelm is, there doesn't seem to be any place in the check out process to enter the 006 code. There is a place to click if I have a coupon or discount at the top of the expanded search page, but I get a bounce stating the voucher number is not valid.

Does anyone know where to enter the code?

Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
While booking a ticket, on the screen where you enter the passenger info/credit card info, there will be a box at the bottom of the page entitled "Use E-credits". Check that box, and you will be taken to a screen where you can enter the code.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
From a recent thread, I quoted bmw303 instead of re-typed.

Originally Posted by bmw303
Here is how you use the voucher:

1. Make the ticket as you normally do and type in the credit card number. You do have to provide your credit card number, before providing your e-cert number.
2. Then, simply check the box which says "pay with e-credits".
3. You will then have the option to type in your ecredit number and your name. Do that, and click apply.

It will apply the voucher, proceed to purchase the ticket and your credit card will only be charged the remaining balance.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
To clarify...eCredits can be transferred, but, can they be applied on a separate itinerary? Thinking of separate reservations for the same itinerary as I may have to SDC on the return, and want to be able to retain the original itinerary for Party #2.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nycatl
To clarify...eCredits can be transferred, but, can they be applied on a separate itinerary? Thinking of separate reservations for the same itinerary as I may have to SDC on the return, and want to be able to retain the original itinerary for Party #2.
E-credits can be applied to as many itineraries as you want. After you purchase 1 ticket, just purchase the next one using the same ECV # and the remaining value will be available. One limitation I've noticed (someone correct if I'm wrong): say you have an ECV for $300 and you want to purchase tickets for 2 people that are $200 / each. As far as I know, you cannot book the 2 tickets under 1 PNR because the ECV can only be applied to 1 ticket at a time. So to use the entire ECV in this instance, you would have to purchase the tickets for each individual separately. The first one you could apply $200 and then the remaining $100 on the second.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
One limitation I've noticed : you cannot book the 2 tickets under 1 PNR because the ECV can only be applied to 1 ticket at a time.
This has been my experience as well. I recently had to purchase a ticket for two people using my eCredits. They ended up with two separate tickets and two PNRs. Not a biggie, but a little more hassle when booking/dealing with schedule changes/seating next to an Elite flyer, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.