Baggage-Delta, AF, or Airone

Old Sep 14, 09, 2:35 pm
KMR
Original Poster

Baggage-Delta, AF, or Airone

I have a flight to FCO with Delta flight numbers but actually flying Atl. to FCO on Air France. I also have a Delta flight number from FCO to ATL but actually flying AirOne. I know I can bring one suitcase, but is the size and weight under Delta, AF, or AirOne? Also, I am allowed one carryone suitcase, and a backpack but again, is it under Delta, AF, or AirOne carry one restrictions? Also, I take it, I check in with Air France and AirOne and not Delta, correct?
Thank you.
Old Sep 14, 09, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
The airline that operates the flight sets the baggage rules. I think you'll find AF to FCO more generous than AirOne.

You will check in with Delta on the outbound but on the return, it will be AirOne, which is now Compagnia Aerea Italiana, an airline I know absolutely nothing about.
Old Sep 14, 09, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL DM (MM), SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!
And do SM members earn SMs on Air One?

The answer for me at least is...yes. I did FRA to FCO and back this past week on Air One (nice company) and the miles posted easily within 48 hours after the flights. Seems that if the flight is coded AZ, as mine was, then they post. I've read elsewhere that anything coded Air One will not post to Sky Miles. As always, YMMV...

Last edited by woody125; Sep 28, 09 at 2:58 pm Reason: The answer

Search this Thread