Search

Non-working IFE in BizE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Non-working IFE in BizE

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give a recent point of reference.

Flew LHR-JFK on Saturday in BizE (I fare) on the 764 with the new lie flats. Great seats BTW, I will ove it if DL retrofits all their 767s with these seats in BE).

The Panasonic IFE system failed as it so often seems to do. The FAs rebooted the system 3 times to no avail. Only the moving map and the canned radio stations came through, none of the on-demand movies or CDs.

I have not sent in a complaint about the non-working IFE.

I received a letter (not e-mail) already today with a $500.00 Delta e-credit.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
$500.00? That's great compensation. Was there a DL mechanic onboard to deal with these issues?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
Count yourself very lucky. I received $100 credit on a flight from DXB-ATL in BE. They announced the IFE wasn't working before we even left the gate.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
$500.00? That's great compensation. Was there a DL mechanic onboard to deal with these issues?
No mechanic on the flight. The FA said that there normally was one, but....maybe because it was a Saturday flight.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, VX, VS, UA
That's good compensation. I only received $100 DL credit when the AVOD was inoperable on my LAX-SYD flight. 15 hours with nothing but the ad-loop to stare at. Granted I was in Econ.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Culrain
That's good compensation. I only received $100 DL credit when the AVOD was inoperable on my LAX-SYD flight. 15 hours with nothing but the ad-loop to stare at. Granted I was in Econ.
Probably relative to the price paid. An upgraded BE customer and a Y customer probably get one amount and someone who pays full or discounted Biz gets more and rightfully so.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Probably relative to the price paid. An upgraded BE customer and a Y customer probably get one amount and someone who pays full or discounted Biz gets more and rightfully so.
That is one possibility; another is that the OP is almost a 2MM. Curious if that would make a difference in this case.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA
They normaly have a mechanic onboard every intl flight?!?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ngalliance
They normaly have a mechanic onboard every intl flight?!?
No, the 764s have had mechanics on every flight to deal with issues with the new BE seats. There was a recent post about mechanics no longer flying so I was wondering if they actually stopped or if DL continued as there are still problem with the seats.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
No mechanic on the flight. The FA said that there normally was one, but....maybe because it was a Saturday flight.
ngalliance beat me to it.

Last edited by agtmichaelscarn; Sep 14, 2009 at 8:52 pm Reason: duplicate post
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta, United
The IFE systems have probably cost Delta and other airlines way more than they ever planned. The person who made the decision to install these crappy systems should be the one to fix the damn things.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:01 am

The frequency with which these IFE systems have technical problems makes me hope better suppliers were chosen to supply the more critical systems on the plane.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by nfg05
The frequency with which these IFE systems have technical problems makes me hope better suppliers were chosen to supply the more critical systems on the plane.
Haha.. +1
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:34 am

Dang, I flew Biz E from GRU to ATL, only seat in Biz E that didn't have the IFE working, FA gave me a bottle of wine.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:20 am

Wow $500 is pretty decent for a non-working IFE on a 6-7 hr flight. The poor guy who got food poisoning only received $150 or some such amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.