Non-working IFE in BizE

Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Probably relative to the price paid. An upgraded BE customer and a Y customer probably get one amount and someone who pays full or discounted Biz gets more and rightfully so.
On our flight, the flight attendants passed out pre-printed sheets with the $100 credit toward a future flight. They were handed out to every passenger on the flight, both coach and BizE.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by Dorlee
On our flight, the flight attendants passed out pre-printed sheets with the $100 credit toward a future flight. They were handed out to every passenger on the flight, both coach and BizE.

I was a bit surprised at the amount and the quickness.

I don't think my status had anything to do with it, since the flight was on Saturday, and I got the e-credit by snail mail on Monday.

I won't complain.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:28 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by PMMMDL
I don't think my status had anything to do with it, since the flight was on Saturday, and I got the e-credit by snail mail on Monday.
I'm sure they have a complicated formula that takes into account status. Twice this year my partner (GM) and I (PM) have had domestic IFE issues and sent in a complaint, we've both gotten compensation but different number of miles (or voucher).
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by nfg05
The frequency with which these IFE systems have technical problems makes me hope better suppliers were chosen to supply the more critical systems on the plane.
I would not worry as I am sure the low bidder won both contracts - more than likely both Boeing and the guy wiring the IFE probably did the wiring for the control systems as well. For that matter the pilot was probably using the IFE to fly the plane ;-).
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:44 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I would not worry as I am sure the low bidder won both contracts - more than likely both Boeing and the guy wiring the IFE probably did the wiring for the control systems as well. For that matter the pilot was probably using the IFE to fly the plane ;-).
I think the pilot just uses the moving map to point-n-click to the destination. Fortunately for PMMMDL the moving map was working.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
No mechanic on the flight. The FA said that there normally was one, but....maybe because it was a Saturday flight.
Is the IFE reliably working on Saturdays???
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by secretsea18
Is the IFE reliably working on Saturdays???
No but overtime on Saturday = big bucks....
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm sure they have a complicated formula that takes into account status. Twice this year my partner (GM) and I (PM) have had domestic IFE issues and sent in a complaint, we've both gotten compensation but different number of miles (or voucher).
Who's better looking?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
I think the pilot just uses the moving map to point-n-click to the destination. Fortunately for PMMMDL the moving map was working.
haha actually laughed out loud on that one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.