Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Dl.com fare on nwa.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Finding Dl.com fare on nwa.com

I'm trying to book a trip home for fall break. I have $900 in bump vouchers on NWA, so I need to use nwa.com to use them. However, the flights on nwa.com are about $100 more expensive than on dl.com. I've tried the multi-leg search function, but even when I find the same flights, nwa.com wants to put me in a higher fare bucket. Do I just keep trying to work the nwa.com system, or is it entirely possible that I'll never find the same fare on nwa.com?

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
It's entirely possible you never find the same fare on nwa.com.

It's also entirely possible nwa.com winds up cheaper than delta.com in the future as DL starts selling seats in a higher fare bucket but nwa sells them in a lower bucket.

BTW, I believe calling NW will help you here. They should be allowed to sell you an entirely DL-operated, DL-coded ticket and allow you to apply your NW vouchers.

NW can't do that with CO but they should be able to with DL.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.