FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Current BusinessElite offerings on NW aircraft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/994187-current-businesselite-offerings-nw-aircraft.html)

acjflyer Sep 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Current BusinessElite offerings on NW aircraft

I'm looking for some info from anybody who has flown in BusinessElite on NW operated aircraft in the past few weeks, as I'm flying DTW-FRA and back in J next week.

I know from my travels back in May that NW planes already have the DL duvet and oversize pillow, but what about the amenity kit, meals and wines? As far as I remember the harmonization did take place in July, but I wonder if it works in practice. (Are NW flight attendants still using carts?)

Also, what kind of breakfast can I expect in J on the DTW-FRA leg, and what kind of snack on the FRA-DTW leg? (Does DL still serve the warm cookies? - I had those last summer and they were awesome!)

Delta.com only shows the main meals, so I hope to get some better information here on FT (as usual ;) )

WBurcham Sep 11, 2009 8:23 pm

warm cookies?

Yum...

I want those.

MSPeconomist Sep 11, 2009 8:53 pm

My experience with six TATL trips this summer (none DTW-FRA), including one RT already this month, is that all had the Delta bedding (and of course new Delta uniforms, including the famous red dress) and all but the last (!) had the Delta amenity kit, sometimes brown and sometimes blue. Everything is served on Delta-style glasses and dishes, including the oblong one for silverware and bread. The menu, food, and wine is all DL-standard--not much different from NW except for the added soup course and the dark gray menu cover. Cart usage is reduced but not eliminated. Soup (the most recent cream of asparagus was good) tends to be served lukewarm (they know it's a problem) and pursers/FAs at least pretend to be confused about the fact that the sparkling wine offered pre-departure and the sparkling wine that is supposed to be served in the air are different, but this was true in NW WBC too. (Neither one is champagne, but additional chilling would have helped.) In my opinion, the best wines were the French red and some white dessert wine from Australia. My last westbound flight included a warm cookie--very good--and the snack I selected was a hot turkey and cheese sandwich served with fruit; I don't remember the other choice. The only thing I remember about any breakfast (I usually prefer to sleep as late as possible) is some hot egg dish served with undercooked bacon and no croissants (which in the past weren't very good anyway). I wasn't favorably impressed by the movie selection--mostly kid's movies or war/violence.

Enjoy your trip.

itsaboutthejourney Sep 11, 2009 9:23 pm

My August trip was very similar to what MSPeconomist described, down to the duvets, lukewarm soup, bit of cart usage, NW style amenity kit but Aveda in the lav, not-fully-chilled sparkling wine. They had mojitos!

Contrasted with a DL 767 flight where the only difference was a Korres amenity kit but NW antibacterial soap in the lav, broken audio jack, powerplug placed so oddly a charger wouldn't fit into the space.

So far I like the special Michelle Bernstein entrees.

WBurcham Sep 11, 2009 9:44 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the Bernstein Filet. YUM.

jimrpa Sep 12, 2009 8:32 am

Any word on when the former Northwest aircraft will be fitted with proper BusinessElite seating? the 777LR suites will be great on the 747s!

acjflyer Sep 12, 2009 8:41 am

Thanks everybody for the great responses. I forgot to ask though, have the DL noise-canceling headphones made it to the NW planes yet or do they still offer the smaller black ones?

Also, I don't think there are any plans to retrofit the A330s or 747s with new seats in business - kind of understandable in this economic environment. Personally I would suspect that DL would retrofit the 767s first - after all those are not even lie-flat (angled or not).