Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

How long for Delta miles to post after flying Alaska?

Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX

Hello-

Do you guys have an idea of typically how long it takes for Delta miles to post after flying on Alaska?

Yes, I'll keep my boarding pass just in case, but curious if it's quick or not.

We just did online check-in, printed our boarding passes, and on them it shows "Delta Skymiles" and our skymiles number.

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I think the miles are processed on Monday/Tuesday of each week. So it could take a week or so.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I flew an Alaska/Delta codeshare flight yesterday (LAX to DCA) on AS metal, landing at 9:00 p.m. The miles were posted by DL first thing this morning.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2009, 4:20 am

I recently flew an Alaska roundtrip as an NWA code share. Miles did not post after a week, so I did the Request Skymiles Credit with my ticket number and it was credited the next day.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 4:37 am

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
I was on AS a few weeks ago and it took 2 weeks to post.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
We fly Alaska about three times a year--not even a code share or part of a Delta itinerary. Still, the miles tend to show up in your SM account on a Wednesday morning, either the Wednesday after you have flown, but more likely the one after that.

Last edited by atl runner; Sep 14, 2009 at 11:35 am
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: US Silver, CO, DL
I've flown the AS nonstops from DCA to LAX and SEA several times and credited them to my DL account. Never had any problem with the miles not posting. In fact, they all seem to have been credited within a couple of days at most.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Our flights were Friday (9/11) and Sunday (9/13). As of today, 9/14, they miles still aren't there. I'll give it until Wednesday to say something.

Who would I contact first? Delta or Alaska? It was an Alaska flight, purchased via AlaskaAirlines.com, Alaska ticket number, but our skymiles were entered on the reservation and showed up on the boarding pass.

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Thanks everyone. Our flights were Friday (9/11) and Sunday (9/13). As of today, 9/14, they miles still aren't there. I'll give it until Wednesday to say something.

Who would I contact first? Delta or Alaska? It was an Alaska flight, purchased via AlaskaAirlines.com, Alaska ticket number, but our skymiles were entered on the reservation and showed up on the boarding pass.

Thanks.
I would strongly suggest giving it until Wednesday morning, September 23rd. Please read my post a couple above this one--#7. If they aren't there then--and they probably will be if you had your SM#s coded in--then fax a copy of your boarding passes to the DL Sky Miles Service Center--number on the website. But, again, sit tight and wait until the 23rd.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atl runner
I would strongly suggest giving it until Wednesday morning, September 23rd. Please read my post a couple above this one--#7. If they aren't there then--and they probably will be if you had your SM#s coded in--then fax a copy of your boarding passes to the DL Sky Miles Service Center--number on the website. But, again, sit tight and wait until the 23rd.
Thanks... it's just frustrating to have to wait 10 days to get miles...
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Thanks... it's just frustrating to have to wait 10 days to get miles...
Yeah, DL has spoiled us with the immediate miles postings.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Emerald Exec-Elite; Hertz Five Star
Smile Patience, Grasshopper...

I went through the same thing about a year ago. Flew DCA-SEA-BLI and back on AS and Horizon (AS Connection). It took almost two weeks for the flights to appear in my NW WP account. As previous replies indicate, it does longer than we're typically used to, but as I recall when I posted a similar question on the WP forum no one said they didn't get their miles posted eventually.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
On a recent Friday, I was 'involuntarily' rebooked on AS flights MCO-SEA-PDX after a weather delay made it impossible to catch my DL connecting flight in SLC. Miles appeared in my DL account Tuesday, or four days later.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
I think we can unequivocaly say it's inconsistent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.