Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

How long for Delta miles to post after flying Alaska?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for Delta miles to post after flying Alaska?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by cbalaska
I think we can unequivocaly say it's inconsistent.
I agree. I think I've gotta 5 or 6 different time frames now...

As I said before, I'll give it to next Wednesday, the 23rd, before saying something.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Update:

The miles from the 9/11 flight have posted. It is currently 10:05pm on 9/14 (Pacific Time)... so, if Delta is treating it as 1:05am on 9/15 (Eastern), then it took 4 days from flight to posting...

Stay tuned for when the 9/13 flight posts.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Well, it's 9/17 and I still don't have the miles from the flight on 9/13. The 9/11 flight posted the evening of 9/14...

I think I'll ask Delta about it.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Ok, based on what the online help on Delta.com told me, I faxed the boarding passes to Delta. How long should it take for them to post?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Ok, based on what the online help on Delta.com told me, I faxed the boarding passes to Delta. How long should it take for them to post?
Does anyone know how long it takes Delta to process the added miles when we fax them the boarding passes?

Also, is there a way to get confirmation that someone even saw the fax instead of it just sitting there waiting??
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Has taken up to 2 full weeks for me in the past.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dollerman73
Has taken up to 2 full weeks for me in the past.
Ugh. I hope not. I hate waiting that long. They posted the first leg of a round trip on their own 3 days after the flight, but the 2nd leg is now at 5 days and still hasn't posted...
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:21 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Does anyone know how long it takes Delta to process the added miles when we fax them the boarding passes?

Also, is there a way to get confirmation that someone even saw the fax instead of it just sitting there waiting??
When I've faxed stuff to them, they usually post within a day or two. If your fax machine doesn't give you an error message, I think you can assume they got it. If you're really concerned, maybe you could get Richard, Ed or Jeff to pop down there, find your fax and call you to let you know they've received it.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atl runner
When I've faxed stuff to them, they usually post within a day or two. If your fax machine doesn't give you an error message, I think you can assume they got it. If you're really concerned, maybe you could get Richard, Ed or Jeff to pop down there, find your fax and call you to let you know they've received it.
Jeez, no reason to be sarcastic. I was just joking to make sure it's not just sitting among hundreds of other faxes...

Anyway, the 9/13 flight posted this morning, so that took 5 days. Done.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Jeez, no reason to be sarcastic. I was just joking to make sure it's not just sitting among hundreds of other faxes...

Anyway, the 9/13 flight posted this morning, so that took 5 days. Done.
Just having a little fun--don't take it personally. And you seem to do much better than me in terms of getting the miles to post quicker. I wonder if mine are slower because they aren't part of a DL itinerary, and aren't specifically a code-share flight? Anyway, glad you got them.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:51 am

7+ days

e-Ticket purchased at DL.com. 2 leg outbound on NW (miles for 2nd leg didn't post either). Had an inbound itin which began on AS (BOI-LAX), connecting to DL in LAX. I could not OLCI with either AS or DL the night before. Day of departure, I go to the AS kiosk and can't check in there either, so I went to the AS ticket counter . AS couldn't find my reservation initially. In the end, the CSA converted my e-ticket to a paper ticket . I asked whether my DL FF# was in the record and was assured that it was even though it did not appear on the AS BP. I've waited 7+ days now and finally called DL. Response: fax us a copy of your boarding passes, DL receipt and driver's license 3-5 days for NW miles to post and 7-10 days for AS miles to post.

Question: Shouldn't a copy of the BP and my medallion card be sufficient? CSA implied that miles couldn't be applied without the receipt. OK, fair enough since the itin involved 3 separate ST carriers and she re-emailed me the DL receipt for enclosure with my request.
BUT, a copy of my driver's license (which I will not do, for obvious reasons).
Old Sep 19, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
Flew Horizon from RNO to LAX this past Wednesday. Called SMS for fax number on Thursday and miles posted to online account on Friday morning.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atl runner
Just having a little fun--don't take it personally. And you seem to do much better than me in terms of getting the miles to post quicker. I wonder if mine are slower because they aren't part of a DL itinerary, and aren't specifically a code-share flight? Anyway, glad you got them.
No biggie.

Also, mine weren't part of a DL itinerary or on a code-share, just a regular AlaskaAirlines ticket with my Delta SkyMiles added to the reservation when I made it.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:58 am

Programs: Delta Diamond,Holiday Inn Dia Ambassador ,AA Gold
It took 10 days for my flight from YYC-LAX to get credited, but I can live with that. As a Platinum (Diamond) I thought that luggage is free. I got charged for the 1 bag I had and to add insult, it did not make it on the flight-I checked in 3 hours before the flight.They gave me a $100 voucher for the next Alaska flight I take.Wonder if I can use on a DL flight (codeshare)..I did not know,a Platinum paid for 1 bag on a partner.By t he way, a DL ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.