Are upgrade notifications gone?

Old Sep 11, 09, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Are upgrade notifications gone?

It seems like in the past several weeks (maybe months -- I forget) I have not been receiving the e-mail upgrade notifications like I used to. When I check my itinerary within the upgrade window it's always gone thru, but I just don't get the e-mails. Am I missing something?
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
There was a thread about this last week. The problem seems to be sporadic as there are some people that have received e-mail (in some cases, multiple) and others have not received any notices.
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:36 am

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cbalaska View Post
It seems like in the past several weeks (maybe months -- I forget) I have not been receiving the e-mail upgrade notifications like I used to. When I check my itinerary within the upgrade window it's always gone thru, but I just don't get the e-mails. Am I missing something?
If they have G/Z inventory available for the upgrade, then you should be getting them when you clear... I've been getting mine (when they are available) early on (last DL flight was two weeks ago and i got early notice on both legs).

I am flying DL again today with the DW, however since we're doing companion flying on K-fare (unfortunately we're on a heavy PM flight SAN-ATL), i don't imagine i will get upgraded...
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
I continue to receive the emails and I never ask for them!

Thankfully I have never received a phone call about an upgrade. *Knocks on wood*.

-RM
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:38 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Got one yesterday, (ATL to LAX for this coming Tuesday)
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Some people want to be notified, others do not...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...one-calls.html
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
There was a thread about this last week. The problem seems to be sporadic as there are some people that have received e-mail (in some cases, multiple) and others have not received any notices.
Thanks Andy and everyone else for the info. I did search "upgrade notification" before posting this thread and came up with nothing recent. Now I know and have the answer. Sorry for the repeat.
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
For the past couple of weeks I am getting 2 upgrade e-mails (5 day and 3 day windows) for my onward journey and only one (5 day window) for my return journey.
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:55 am
Original Poster

How to fix it?

I just checked my profile and it's still set on e-mail notifications which I like. My question now is....how do I fix it and continue getting them?
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colts_01 View Post
For the past couple of weeks I am getting 2 upgrade e-mails (5 day and 3 day windows) for my onward journey and only one (5 day window) for my return journey.
Same with me last week.
Old Sep 11, 09, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
Same with me last week.
I am getting the same pattern. 5, then 3 day and 5 on return.
Old Sep 11, 09, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I had been getting them at the 5 day window and for the last ~2 wks or so I haven't gotten any notifications despite getting upgraded at the window and not changing anything in my preferences.
Old Sep 11, 09, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC; GE; Marriott PPE; IHG Spire
I flew yesterday (the 10th) and my upgrade cleared at the 5 day window. I received the emails on the 4th and again on the 7th.
Old Sep 11, 09, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
What DL IT should be spending their time is on flight notifications. AA insituted this new thing that automatically gives you flight notification for ANY flight your are on.

Seems like a pretty simple thing to do....I hate having to request flight status notifications every time I book a flight
Old Sep 11, 09, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.6MM, IHG Spire Elite
I was waitlisted on a flight from Dubai to Atlanta and only knew that my Z upgrade was available was by checking my intinerary on Delta.com. It said Contact Delta. The first response was nope, don't know why that's there, no upgrade. The second call to SMS was something like, we need to remove the Y entry, are you going to use a certificate? Persistence pays. There was no email.

Search this Thread