FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Midweek status bump (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/993695-midweek-status-bump.html)

discstickers Sep 10, 2009 10:47 am

Midweek status bump

The consensus on this forum was that status changes occurred on Friday nights/Saturday mornings.

However, my status upgraded from FO -> GM on Wednesday. I made GM with a NW flight on Friday. It posted to my account Saturday afternoon, so I figured I missed the the window for the week.

The other weird thing is that not all of my flights since the status bump (when the MQM were earned) have backfilled to the 100% RDM bonus. E.g., the flight that took me over the 50k threshold still has a 25% bonus, but a few flights later have 100%. It's not a huge deal, but the threshold flight was a NRT-SEA segment, so an extra 3k or so miles would be nice :)

DevilDog438 Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am

I don't think the threshold-crossing flight gets credit for the new level.

mersk862 Sep 10, 2009 10:55 am

Originally Posted by DevilDog438 (Post 12359999)
I don't think the threshold-crossing flight gets credit for the new level.

The threshold-crossing flight does indeed get credit for the new level...it just takes a couple of weeks for those extra miles to post.

I never had an issue with it in the past.

Interesting to hear that it's now gone to a midweek bump though.

DevilDog438 Sep 10, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks for the correction...never paid attention to it before, since it has been years since I went from FO to GM.

MAMOHT Sep 10, 2009 6:59 pm

When I first reached FO I got way too excited and called the customer service and asked why my status was not shown anywhere. They updated it right away and that even put me on the upgrade list for the first time since it actually happened during my stopover in ATL. I was like fourty something :) Upgrades on ATL-PBI 8PM on Friday are not really for anyone below PM on upgradable fares.

timetosave Sep 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 12360043)
The threshold-crossing flight does indeed get credit for the new level...it just takes a couple of weeks for those extra miles to post.

Thanks for that. Made GM on my leg from SYD to LAX. E-mailed CS and just got a lot more miles.

discstickers Sep 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by timetosave (Post 12397891)
Thanks for that. Made GM on my leg from SYD to LAX. E-mailed CS and just got a lot more miles.

got a response:

Since the Northwest flight 8 from NRT-SEA on September 4 was the flight
that you achieved the 50,000 MQMs to qualify for your Gold Medallion
elite status, you would not receive the Gold Medallion bonus until the
next qualifying flight. Our records indicate that you did receive the
additional bonus miles for the next two flights taken on September 6.

Please contact Delta's Special Member Services Desk at 800-325-1551 for
any additional information regarding your request. One of our
representatives will be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your business and trust your future flights will be
enjoyable. We hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of
choice.
:td:

Should I bother calling SMS?