FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   horrible can't use bump voucher on delta? help? anyone? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/993683-horrible-cant-use-bump-voucher-delta-help-anyone.html)

peachfront Sep 10, 2009 9:58 am

problem fixed now WHEW~

I received a $200 voucher for being bumped off a Delta flight in June. Believe you me, I have learned my lesson. Never again! I have spent an hour trying to book a flight using the voucher on Delta.com. Even the "chat" person could not figure out how I could enter my number so that I could receive the discount. She finally said just to call the customer service number. Of course, there is a fee for booking online instead of on the website. Is this just another Delta "gotcha?" The "chat" lady says that she can see that the value of the voucher is $200 but the website says that the voucher has no value remaining on it. I feel very ripped off. I tried to do a nice thing by taking a later flight and I've had nothing but hassles trying to use this coupon. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

AndyTLe Sep 10, 2009 10:04 am

I don't know what the problem is that you're encountering. The chat feature isn't very helpful. I've never had issues using the vouchers online (whether those vouchers were in my name or in someone else's). So if you can't use it, feel free to give it to another FTer. :p

peachfront Sep 10, 2009 10:11 am

I have two of them with a face value of $200. I'll sell them to you at face value. I'm the one who got bumped, and I happen to feel that I should be the one to receive the $200. If there is a secret that only those "in the know" are aware of, why not share it instead of offering to rob me? I'm not giving the ECV away, OK? I'll throw it in the garbage can first. It's clear that there is a major problem with using the vouchers since I've been trying for 2 months with nothing except excuses from Delta.

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 12359708)
I don't know what the problem is that you're encountering. The chat feature isn't very helpful. I've never had issues using the vouchers online (whether those vouchers were in my name or in someone else's). So if you can't use it, feel free to give it to another FTer. :p

bmw303 Sep 10, 2009 10:18 am

Originally Posted by peachfront (Post 12359758)
I'm not giving the ECV away, OK? I'll throw it in the garbage can first. It's clear that there is a major problem with using the vouchers since I've been trying for 2 months with nothing except excuses from Delta.

Ok - I get that you're angry. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with this voucher.

Here is how you use the voucher:

1. Make the ticket as you normally do and type in the credit card number. You do have to provide your credit card number, before providing your e-cert number.
2. Then, simply check the box which says "pay with e-credits".
3. You will then have the option to type in your ecredit number and your name. Do that, and click apply.

It will apply the voucher, proceed to purchase the ticket and your credit card will only be charged the remaining balance.

DL bump E-credits are extremely easy to use.

peachfront Sep 10, 2009 10:28 am

No. It won't. That's the problem. I've been through these steps many times now, with no result except puzzled "I can't figure out what's wrong" from Delta. I just spent an hour going through this very process, step by step, with the chat line.

I'm definitely angry. I ask if anyone knows anything, and the first reply I get is a hustle. I'm just in no mood. At least you're trying. Thanks.

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 12359787)
Ok - I get that you're angry. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with this voucher.

Here is how you use the voucher:

1. Make the ticket as you normally do and type in the credit card number. You do have to provide your credit card number, before providing your e-cert number.
2. Then, simply check the box which says "pay with e-credits".
3. You will then have the option to type in your ecredit number and your name. Do that, and click apply.

It will apply the voucher, proceed to purchase the ticket and your credit card will only be charged the remaining balance.

DL bump E-credits are extremely easy to use.

CarolDisney1 Sep 10, 2009 10:35 am

1. Get off the chat line, pick up the PHONE. (honestly, why are folks afraid of the phone?)

2. Get them to check and make sure your bump voucher was activated. They should be able to pull it up and see what it says for that voucher.

3. If they can't help you, nicely ask for a supervisor.

Quit taking your frustration out on posters or the folks on the phone. It won't help get you what you want. Take a DEEP breath and calm down before you do step 1 above!

jjglaze77 Sep 10, 2009 10:35 am

Originally Posted by peachfront (Post 12359669)
The "chat" lady says that she can see that the value of the voucher is $200 but the website says that the voucher has no value remaining on it.

As has been said, these vouchers are VERY easy to use. bmw303's instructions are exactly correct. My concern is with the comment that chat rep made above. When you follow these instructions, what does the e-credit search page show you? Does it show your voucher? Does is say nothing is found? These vouchers are so easy to use, that if one is not careful, someone else could use it by only knowing the ticket # and your name. If your voucher has been used by someone else, I doubt you will get it back. It clearly states on the voucher that you must protect it and it's not DL's responsibility if it is lost/stolen. If this has happened, I'd suggest calling DL and asking them to tell you what ticket was purchased with the voucher. If someone you know, give 'em heck! If someone you don't know, I don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by peachfront
I'm not giving the ECV away, OK? I'll throw it in the garbage can first. It's clear that there is a major problem with using the vouchers since I've been trying for 2 months with nothing except excuses from Delta.

As to this comment, just chill out. AndyTLe was NOT asking for your voucher, but was just making a funny comment. There is NO problem with using these vouchers. It's one of the more recent changes that has actually been a real plus, other than the fact that it makes theft much easier (the old paper vouchers had to be surrendered and signed at the airport by the original owner).

AndyTLe Sep 10, 2009 10:37 am

Instead of going through all of this for "months", OP could pick up the phone call DL book the ticket by phone and request booking fees be waived because the voucher, for whatever reason, is not bookable online. But instead of doing that, it sounds like hours have been wasted in attempts. How much is your time worth? I know my time is worth more than spending hours to avoid the booking fee. But for some people, coming onto FT to complain is therapeutic.

Not for nothing but are any of the OP's flight not on DL or DL Connection?

The face amount of this voucher may be applied to the purchase of any ticket for passenger travel within the Delta system worldwide on Delta/Delta Shuttle/Delta Connection and Delta designated codeshare flights.
OP, since you're having so much trouble. Why not 300 for the voucher? :rolleyes:

photojojo Sep 10, 2009 10:39 am

As much as a pain as it will be, hang on to it until your next trip and explain to someone at the airport that your particular cert is broken and see if they can trade/reissue it.

peachfront Sep 10, 2009 10:47 am

It was $200 because there was another departing flight that left less than 2 hours after the first one.

I don't think someone stole it in the brief period of time since the chat agent called it up and saw it on her side, but I then tried to enter the number and it didn't go through. By going through the process described by the agent and BMI person, I got a message saying there was no value remaining in the coupon. But the agent sees that there is $200 remaining. Who would have stolen it in those few minutes? The CSR chat girl? Somehow I doubt it.

So I don't know what to tell you. I have an unclear speaking voice on the telephone so, whatever my time might or might not be worth, I often have great difficulty getting things resolved on the phone. I was hoping you guys had some ideas. If there are no ideas, fine. That's what I needed to know.

I didn't need a joke or a hustle, and I really don't care which one the first guy intended. He admitted he had no experience with my problem, and he had nothing useful to say, and he said it anyway. I hope he's proud of himself.

peachfront Sep 10, 2009 11:04 am

OK, thanks all. THis is the final update. It's working now. No idea what little annoying bug I encountered but it went through OK this time and "my purchase is complete."

DMIrishFlyer Sep 10, 2009 11:20 am

Originally Posted by peachfront (Post 12360091)
OK, thanks all. THis is the final update. It's working now. No idea what little annoying bug I encountered but it went through OK this time and "my purchase is complete."

An apology for the crappy attitude wouldn't go amiss

AndyTLe Sep 10, 2009 11:24 am

Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer (Post 12360181)
An apology for the crappy attitude wouldn't go amiss

Unlikely that DL would apologize. :D

anotherATLelite Sep 10, 2009 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by peachfront (Post 12359975)
I didn't need a joke or a hustle, and I really don't care which one the first guy intended. He admitted he had no experience with my problem, and he had nothing useful to say, and he said it anyway. I hope he's proud of himself.

Chip on shoulder much?! A little civility might get you more help.

woody125 Sep 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by anotherATLelite (Post 12360708)
Chip on shoulder much?! A little civility might get you more help.

^