Where Does Reserve Status Show on DL.com Account?

Old Sep 9, 09, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
Where Does Reserve Status Show on DL.com Account?

Recently upgraded to the DL Reserve card, but do not see any mention of Reserve on my DL.com account information. Anyone know where this information tends to be or when it shows up?
Old Sep 9, 09, 5:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
On the main screen

SkyMiles #: xxxxxxxxxx
Total miles: xxx,xxxx
Gold Medallion® | Delta Reserve
Old Sep 9, 09, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Strange, I wonder why mine is not showing up. My whole upgrade to the DL Reserve card has been a miserable experience. Very poorly handled on the AMEX side for a card that charges a considerable amount.
Old Sep 9, 09, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by GoCanes View Post
Strange, I wonder why mine is not showing up. My whole upgrade to the DL Reserve card has been a miserable experience. Very poorly handled on the AMEX side for a card that charges a considerable amount.
Ditto... 15 days after approval my account still is not straightened out.
Old Sep 9, 09, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Does the site only show if one has the reserve card, or does it show any AMEX/Delta card? (I recently was approved for the Plat, and I am not seeing anything different).
Old Sep 9, 09, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Does the site only show if one has the reserve card, or does it show any AMEX/Delta card? (I recently was approved for the Plat, and I am not seeing anything different).
It should show Platinum Amex
Old Sep 9, 09, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NHFL9 View Post
Ditto... 15 days after approval my account still is not straightened out.
They keep reassigning me case numbers for my issues. And the when I follow up, and even though I have a case number, I am told by the CSR that there is no case number on my account and that it might have been closed without investigation. Makes no sense. So they keep creating new case numbers and telling me to wait 7 to 10 days. It is really annoying. Amex customer care is usually pretty good, but horrid when it comes to promotions and upgrading accounts.
Old Sep 9, 09, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by pitbrian View Post
It does not. Never has (for me at least).
Old Sep 9, 09, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Spoke to Amex and they just have no clue how this works. There is just way too much red tape. Why they need to send the issue to another department to be investigated is beyond me. Seems very inefficient and a waste of the customer's time.

Anyway, the guy I spoke with is not sure when the "Reserve" status should show with DL. It shows with Amex and the account is marked DL Reserve, although the card is not activated because I have not received it yet - hopefully today. He thinks that once the actual card is activated, then Amex will report the status to DL. This of course ignores the fact that the account is already Reserve and my charges are counting toward my threshold purchases. So, I will be optimistic and hope it works. But this is just annoying given the $450 price tag for this card.
Old Sep 9, 09, 4:57 pm

Programs: DAL Diamond, JB Mosaic, AGR Select+, SPG Plat 75, Hyatt Diamond, AXP Plat, AXP DAL Reserve, AXP SPG
In order to get the benefits from Delta (club access, upgrade priority), your account needs to reflect the status when you log in:
SkyMiles #: xx
Total miles: xxx,xxx
Platinum Medallion® | Delta Reserve

Mine wasn't after more than a month had passed from upgrading and I was getting no where with Amex or Delta.

Had an upcoming trip, where I wanted to use the benefits so I decided to send an email to [email protected] (who has posted on FT offering to help out in situations where he can). He replied to me within a few hours (on vacation nonetheless) and the situation was rectified within a few days.

He works wonders

Last edited by aptusboy; Sep 9, 09 at 5:05 pm
Old Sep 9, 09, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aptusboy View Post
In order to get the benefits from Delta (club access, upgrade priority), your account needs to reflect the status when you log in:
SkyMiles #: xx
Total miles: xxx,xxx
Platinum Medallion® | Delta Reserve

Mine wasn't after more than a month had passed from upgrading and I was getting no where with Amex or Delta.

Had an upcoming trip, where I wanted to use the benefits so I decided to send an email to [email protected] (who has posted on FT offering to help out in situations where he can). He replied to me within a few hours (on vacation nonetheless) and the situation was rectified within a few days.

He works wonders
Kevin is a great asset and recently helped me out on something else. Would hate to bother him again, but I guess that is why he is there.

I actually just got the card in the mail and it did not have my Skymiles # on the card like my old DL Amex did. I called Amex and they told me that the first card will not have the Skymiles # on it and that after they send the info to DL for verification (assuming this is when DL finds out about the Reserve status), then they will issue another card in 4 to 6 weeks with my Skymiles # on it. Has this been everyone else's experience, or am I getting the short end of the stick with this card?
Old Sep 9, 09, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
My experience was very different, but I only had a Amex Gold Card, no DL SM card at all. I've had DR listed next to my status on the main DL.com homepage widget for a long time, probably within 1 month of getting the card. My reserve card came with my SM number on it.
Old Sep 9, 09, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by GoCanes View Post
Kevin is a great asset and recently helped me out on something else. Would hate to bother him again, but I guess that is why he is there.

I actually just got the card in the mail and it did not have my Skymiles # on the card like my old DL Amex did. I called Amex and they told me that the first card will not have the Skymiles # on it and that after they send the info to DL for verification (assuming this is when DL finds out about the Reserve status), then they will issue another card in 4 to 6 weeks with my Skymiles # on it. Has this been everyone else's experience, or am I getting the short end of the stick with this card?
This can't possibly be accurate (or at least, typical). I don't even have my card yet and I see it on my status when I log into my skymiles account: Platinum Medallion® | Delta Reserve
Old Sep 9, 09, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO plat, Exec Emerald, amex plat, anything else good
Originally Posted by pitbrian View Post
Ditto with WBurcham. It does not show platinum amex.
Old Sep 9, 09, 9:43 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Elite
Delta showed my status as 'Reserved' before I received my card in the mail.

Search this Thread