TPAC routes with 777?

Old Sep 8, 09, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
TPAC routes with 777?

I must be losing my search ability...I can't find a simple list of a/c and routes.

I'm really interested in trying the newest BE product. I was hping for ATL-ICN but I missed it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

UPDATE: I found the link:https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec.../flat_beds.jsp

No love left for TPAC

Last edited by In2ishn; Sep 8, 09 at 5:12 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 8, 09, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by In2ishn View Post
I must be losing my search ability...I can't find a simple list of a/c and routes.

I'm really interested in trying the newest BE product. I was hping for ATL-ICN but I missed it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
Are you actually looking to fly somewhere that requires a TPAC, or do you simply want to fly on the 777-200LR with the new BE suites? If its the latter, just take the flight between ATL-LAX as it continues onto Sydney (operates as DL 16/17). All ATL-Asia TPACs operating with the 777 have been canceled, the exception is SYD. ATL-PVG, ATL-ICN, and ATL-NRT have all been canceled.
Old Sep 8, 09, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, IC Royal Amb, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis First
I'm too lazy to look it up, but isn't JFK-NRT using a 772?
Old Sep 8, 09, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by slwkf1 View Post
I'm too lazy to look it up, but isn't JFK-NRT using a 772?
Yes, but not the 777LR with the new seats, and he mentioned the desire to try the new BE product.
Old Sep 8, 09, 5:47 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
My wife and I flew the 777-LR from ATL-Dubai over Labor Day weekend. The seats were great, but it's not as fun being at an odd angle from your traveling companion. I love lying on a flat bed on Delta!!!

There have to be other routes for the 777-LR aside from ATL-SYD and ATL-DXB? What am I missing? What have they done with the other aircraft with reduced international service?
Old Sep 8, 09, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by JoeFlyer View Post
My wife and I flew the 777-LR from ATL-Dubai over Labor Day weekend. The seats were great, but it's not as fun being at an odd angle from your traveling companion. I love lying on a flat bed on Delta!!!

There have to be other routes for the 777-LR aside from ATL-SYD and ATL-DXB? What am I missing? What have they done with the other aircraft with reduced international service?
Your missing ATL-JNB and DTW-PVG, but, again, these are not TPAC from Atlanta.
Old Sep 8, 09, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DLATL777 View Post
And there is so much more for ATL-TLV & ATL-BOM soon will be discontinuation.
Old Sep 9, 09, 3:21 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Thanks for the info.

TPAC out of anywhere would be fine. I suppose I could head out to JFK and do a change in LAX.

Ah well...I saw it earlier this year (ATL-ICN) but wasn't in front. It looked nice
Old Sep 9, 09, 9:09 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
DTW-PVG?? Seat maps show 2-2-2, not 1-2-1 config!

Originally Posted by DLATL777 View Post
Old Sep 9, 09, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by drjazz View Post
DTW-PVG?? Seat maps show 2-2-2, not 1-2-1 config!
Currently, but route is scheduled to operate with 777LR at some point in the future (cant remember date).
Old Sep 10, 09, 4:51 am

Programs: DL Plat
I might do that: BNA-ATL-LAX. I might need a MR, and have friends in So Cal I can visit. T fare is $315, K fare is $358. PMU up to BE could be a nice ride, especially since I am burning my PMU's on everything. I never get to fly on YBM internationally.... I'm currently in Europe on the lovely U fare. But had 2 empty adjacent seats on the flight from ATL-AMS so not horrible.
Old Sep 10, 09, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta Air Lines
ATL-LOS will soon be a 777LR (as scheduled). ATL-DXB, which currently alternates between ER and LR equipment, will also be an all-LR route (as scheduled). While neither of these are trans-pacific, from what I hear there are other trans-pacific routes being considered for the 777LR, but nothing official has been announced yet.
Old Sep 10, 09, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, PL_Marriott, GHertz
The loss of this eqipment ATL-ICN means that it will take me over 26 hours next April to get go OKC-MSP-NRT-ICN. I think it will be 27 hours late next month when I go OKC-ATL-NRT-HKG.
Old Sep 10, 09, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion
DTW-PVG is a 77L on the Friday outbound and Sunday return only. It appears the only reason for the once weekly LR is so they can do the insecticide spraying required for the SYD flights, since the flight has a 15 hour turn in PVG.
Old Sep 10, 09, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
The loss of this eqipment ATL-ICN means that it will take me over 26 hours next April to get go OKC-MSP-NRT-ICN. I think it will be 27 hours late next month when I go OKC-ATL-NRT-HKG.
I wouldn't put up with an extra ten hours of travel time for a few miles: OKC-DFW on AA + DFW-ICN on KE would be fine for me.

Search this Thread