Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK- Terminal 2/3 to Terminal 1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

JFK- Terminal 2/3 to Terminal 1

Routing ATL-JFK on Delta; JFK-CDG on Air France. Assuming Delta arrives at either Termnal 2 or 3 at JFK. My Air France itinerary says they depart from Terminal 1--can I walk from terminal 2 to terminal 1? Terminal 1 is not on the Delta airport map, the Air France map shows all 8 terminals but does not show a connection from terminal 2 to terminal 1 although terminal 1 is adjacent to it.

I arrive at 1215 and depart on Air France at 1650 so it looks like plenty of time.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:04 pm

You can take the AirTrain to T1. Follow the AirTrain signs out of the terminal. Take the "Airline Terminals Only" train and it will be the next stop.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
The amount of time it will take you to walk to the airtrain (which is not far at all), you can walk out of T2, down the ramp, take a nice close look at the planes parked between T2 and T1, always a good site, and walk about 500 feet or so directly into T1. For some reason I seem to remember a small median I had to walk over, but nothing major to interfere with walking between the two terminals. Sometimes when I had a long wait for a flight in T2, I would walk over to T1 and enjoy seeing people who were going to places much cooler than me.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
I had to this several times in the past, walking directly from T2/3 to T1 is always faster then taking the train ( which needs about 30 seconds for that one station ). This trip will give you an good idea of the overall state of DL terminals at JFK compared to what other airlines offering their pax.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
It's a nice walk, unless it's raining. The walkway is not covered the whole way between T2 and T1. Note that there is no covered walkway directly from T2 to the airtrain either. If it's raining and if you need to reclaim your baggage at T2, be prepared to get a little wet or take a taxi.

There is covered access from T3 to the airtrain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.