Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows
of limited legroom and crying babies,
Or to take arms against a sky of turbulence
And by opposing end them? To fly: to sleep;
Until the FA wakes you to offer biscoffs and sunchips No more;
and by a sleep to say we end The heart-ache
and the thousand natural shocks
by avoiding RJ's that Comair is heir to,
'tis a consummation of skymiles Devoutly to be wish'd.
2B, 2B toil and trouble
Heartburn and lav bubble
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I'm glad Seatguru is going to update his website. That way, others won't select 2B.

2B is the greatest F seat on the MD88. With the other seats when your neighbor reclines, he is in your lap - you can barely cross your legs.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by me4yankees
@SeatGuru replied to me via Twitter today!

@cestbeth I've made some changes to seats 2 A,B on the Delta MD-88 seatmap. Changes will be live on Thursday. http://bit.ly/163IYG Thanks!!

And...
Went to check on it and not seeing the changes as of yet:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...ines_MD-88.php
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I'm glad Seatguru is going to update his website. That way, others won't select 2B.

2B is the greatest F seat on the MD88. With the other seats when your neighbor reclines, he is in your lap - you can barely cross your legs.
I just flew on a MadDog last night in 2B so my memory is still fresh.

This IS the best seat in the house. For those who complain of "not enough legroom," I can just say that my (somewhat portly) seatmate was able to step around me without my having to leave my seat for his trips to/from the lav. There is no one reclining in to your space and you are one of the first to get served. You are also the first off the plane so you will get to the rental car counter or shuttle bus ahead of the rest of the flight.

On the other hand, I _hate_ the last row in F, but that's just me. On the above-mentioned flight, my upgrade had originally cleared into 4B, but I wasn't going to let that happen.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 5:49 am

Ah, Seat Guru has now updated the MD-88 layout. 2A and 2B are now yellow with a warning about the leg/foot space (though it does mention that you can stick your leg out in 2B into the aisle for more room). Much better than the original entry they had for those seats in my opinion.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...ines_MD-88.php
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: SM dirt, UA dirt, US Gold
Originally Posted by indufan
4A is my favorite seat.
Your will hafta wrassle me for it. Name says it all
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I think that seatguru now having it in yellow is more or less correct despite the fact that I like that seat the best on that airplane. It is a fair warning to those who are very tall or who really like to stretch out their legs and it should not be in green, which to most people will mean "unconditionally recommended."

A side benefit for me will be that it almost certainly will cut down the competition for the seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.