Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid the bulhead in first on the MD-88

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
4A is my favorite seat.
It's absolutely the worst seat in the MD88. There is no recline. Crying babies are always put in 4B along with the POS pax with body odor and no personal hygiene. Also, you will have no beverage service in this seat per the FA training manual...

Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by me4yankees
I wrote to him/her on Twitter and directed him/her to this thread. I will let you know if I get a reply!
Thanks. In case he/she finds this, I submitted the comment on Delta MD88's 2A/2B on September 2nd of this year.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:47 pm

2A is my absolute favorite on the 88. Then again I'm only 5'8. 1C on the other hand...to be quite honest, I probably would ask to be reseated in coach if I got assigned that seat....not only does the legroom suck, but you're directly across from the lav....yuck!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, IC Royal Amb, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis First
I just sat in 1B yesterday on a MD-88 SLC-CVG. I'm 6'4" and I thought it was fine. I'll always try to get the bulkhead in first. Not having anyone in front to recline their seat into my lap no matter what the pitch is priceless.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slwkf1
I just sat in 1B yesterday on a MD-88 SLC-CVG. I'm 6'4" and I thought it was fine. I'll always try to get the bulkhead in first. Not having anyone in front to recline their seat into my lap no matter what the pitch is priceless.
1B? What's that? The left hand seat in the cockpit? The toilet seat in the lav?

Were you perhaps on a MD-90? 2B is the first port-side aisle seat on the MD-88.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by seminole_kev
Thanks. In case he/she finds this, I submitted the comment on Delta MD88's 2A/2B on September 2nd of this year.
@SeatGuru replied to me via Twitter today!

@cestbeth I've made some changes to seats 2 A,B on the Delta MD-88 seatmap. Changes will be live on Thursday. http://bit.ly/163IYG Thanks!!
And...
@cestbeth And send more FlyerTalkers my way!! I read everything sent via Twitter, email, Facebook, 'submit comments' button on the site.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
deleted

Last edited by gt_croz; Sep 8, 2009 at 5:19 pm Reason: post made obsolete based on previous post
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by DLATL777
And that, my friend, is why those IMO are the best seats on the Maddog.
+1

I'm a fan of the last row on all equipment.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Only reason for me to not book last row on a flight is the new FEBO policy (I do like getting my choice of meal). But I do tend to go for 4A or 4D on the MD-88s.

Surprisingly, it's been nearly 5 years since I sat in 2A/2B on a MD-88 - with probably 50+ segments in F on the MD-88 in that time. Have had the dreaded 1D about 4 times, but rarely see 2A/2B.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I never sit in a bulkhead unless it is one that really does have extended legroom and/or a real cutout. I prefer having the space under the seat in front of me for my long legs.

And now that we have @SeatGuru's attention, let's keep that person updated regularly as to DL's seating.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Back and forth a couple of times a month on 88s between FLL and NYC, almost every time in 2B. The extra room for the feet where the bulkhead ends make that the best seat on the airplane. '

On the other hand, row 1 bulkhead are the worst since not only is there no footroom, you seem to be seated in the toilet.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by mersk862
Only reason for me to not book last row on a flight is the new FEBO policy (I do like getting my choice of meal). But I do tend to go for 4A or 4D on the MD-88s.

Surprisingly, it's been nearly 5 years since I sat in 2A/2B on a MD-88 - with probably 50+ segments in F on the MD-88 in that time. Have had the dreaded 1D about 4 times, but rarely see 2A/2B.
Whoa... FEBO on Delta? I've been asleep. How long has this been going on? (In July for ATL-PVG-ATL -- my last flights on DL -- the FA hopped around the BE cabin, seemingly taking orders by status.)
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
In 2B, I could wrap my right foot around the bulkhead wall. My left foot, on the other hand . . .
2B or not 2B, that is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows
of limited legroom and crying babies,
Or to take arms against a sky of turbulence
And by opposing end them? To fly: to sleep;
Until the FA wakes you to offer biscoffs and sunchips No more;
and by a sleep to say we end The heart-ache
and the thousand natural shocks
by avoiding RJ's that Comair is heir to,
'tis a consummation of skymiles Devoutly to be wish'd.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by slwkf1
Not having anyone in front to recline their seat into my lap no matter what the pitch is priceless.
I agree. Now if they would make the "seat pocket" a bit larger to hold my book, headset case and newspaper, all would be well.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
I didn't mind 1B on the MD-90 SLC-SEA on Sunday. There's enough room to stick your legs out into the aisle. It was certainly much better than 2C on the 752.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.