Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Guess the upgrades: 1 kilo of Israeli chocolates as prize

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

Okay, this forum has been getting a little bitter recently, so to sweeten it up I am offering a fun contest, with a real prize, and all it requires is you using your knowledge of Delta's medallion upgrades to win.

The prize will be 10 Israeli chocolate bars, either dark or milk chocolate, each weighing 100 grams (total weight 1 kilo). The winner chooses how many milk and how many dark he/she wants.

(I will be happy to mail it out to any address that you prefer if you are concerned about sending me your home address. The winner only will be asked to send an address to me by PM.)

I have a rather involved itinerary coming up in late October, early November. I will list here all the flights and you have to state for each if I will get upgraded in advance, get upgraded at the gate, or not get upgraded at all. You get one point for each flight you correctly guess.

If I change flights at the last moment but had been upgraded in advance for the original flight, that will be the correct answer. If I did not get an advance upgrade, but am upgraded at the gate for my new flight, that will be the correct answer.

When making your guesses, keep in mind that I am Gold Medallion and all my flights will be LUT fares.

1. Friday, Oct 23, 09:55, ATL-FLL T fare.
2. Monday, Oct 26, 07:50, FLL-ATL L fare.
3. Monday, Oct 26, 11:00, ATL-BOS L fare.
4. Thursday, Oct 29, 08:45, BOS-DCA U fare.*
5. Tuesday, Nov 3, 16:00, DCA-ATL U fare.

*Operated by Shuttle America

To make this easier, please cut and paste the five flights and write "Advance", "Gate", or "No Upgrade" after each.

No guesses will be accepted after Oct 19 (as I could start getting advance upgrades by that time).

If you edit your post after someone else has posted, you will be disqualified. (Don't even fix a spelling error as I will have no way to know if you changed your guess.)

As noted above, the person with the highest number of correct answers will win and if there is a tie, the first one will win.

PS: Only one post per person will be allowed.

Last edited by Dovster; Sep 7, 2009 at 4:35 am Reason: edited to add the PS
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:18 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
1. Friday, Oct 23, 09:55, ATL-FLL T fare. ADVANCE
2. Monday, Oct 26, 07:50, FLL-ATL L fare. ADVANCE
3. Monday, Oct 26, 11:00, ATL-BOS L fare. GATE
4. Thursday, Oct 29, 08:45, BOS-DCA U fare.* NO UPGRADE
5. Tuesday, Nov 3, 16:00, DCA-ATL U fare. No UPGRADE

To make this easier, please cut and paste the five flights and write "Advance", "Gate", or "No Upgrade" after each.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
DL will be automatically you to get upgrade it into F class any class fares. if you are Gold Medallion. You should have it for now. You will try to check your flight itinerary to made sure if your upgrade is confirmed. If you are sitting in F class and so please try to do check the seat map if your upgrade is confirmed. If they don't let you upgrade it into F class. You will have to be accepted it in the economy class. Here the links you can see the seat map will tell you for which seat availability is that. Here it is:

http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats/

Your upgrade will be automatically you into F class for 3 days in advance before flying out.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
3. Monday, Oct 26, 11:00, ATL-BOS L fare. ADVANCE
4. Thursday, Oct 29, 08:45, BOS-DCA U fare.* NO UPGRADE
5. Tuesday, Nov 3, 16:00, DCA-ATL U fare. GATE
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:46 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
3. Monday, Oct 26, 11:00, ATL-BOS L fare. GATE
4. Thursday, Oct 29, 08:45, BOS-DCA U fare. ADVANCE
5. Tuesday, Nov 3, 16:00, DCA-ATL U fare. GATE
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
DL will be automatically you to get upgrade it into F class any class fares. if you are Gold Medallion. You should have it for now. You will try to check your flight itinerary to made sure if your upgrade is confirmed. If you are sitting in F class and so please try to do check the seat map if your upgrade is confirmed. If they don't let you upgrade it into F class. You will have to be accepted it in the economy class. Here the links you can see the seat map will tell you for which seat availability is that. Here it is:

http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats/

Your upgrade will be automatically you into F class for 3 days in advance before flying out.
No, not all upgrades are given in advance and there is no possible way for me to check it now. I will not know until three days before the flight at the earliest (and may well not find out until boarding).
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:50 am
Original Poster

It has not happened yet but make certain that you do not make the same guesses as a previous poster. Even if you are 100% right, the earlier poster will win.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
This is a trick question! All of your flights will be different because of schedule changes between now and then.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:09 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by DukieDrew
This is a trick question! All of your flights will be different because of schedule changes between now and then.
YES! I would say, you just send the chocolate to me, I will keep it safe and mediate between the participants. If there are any disputes and/or schedule changes, I will decimate the number of chocolate bars appropriately so that the game stays fair.

c_d as trusted thrid party. Hooray!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DukieDrew
With Delta, that's a given. Still, we won't let that impact the contest. If, for example, Friday, Oct 23, 09:55, ATL-FLL is changed to an 11:00 flight, the guess that you made for the earlier flight will apply to the later one.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: DL:Diamond, United:1P, Continental: Plat, HH:Gold, SPG:Gold
guess

<deleted>

Last edited by jenniparks; Sep 7, 2009 at 4:22 am Reason: deleted content
Old Sep 7, 2009, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Jenni,

Please delete your post. Given what you are going through right now, I think you deserve the chocolates -- and in a hurry.

Send me a PM with your name and address (or, if you don't feel safe doing it, you can provide your work address, a PO Box, the name and address of a friend who is a Green Beret, SEAL, or professional football player).

Also let me know how many of the 10 bars should be milk chocolate and how many dark chocolate. I will send them out to you by EMS tomorrow. (In fact, they might get to your house before you do.)

However, you will not be eligible for the contest so delete your guesses to free them up for someone else.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 4:23 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster

1. Friday, Oct 23, 09:55, ATL-FLL T fare.
2. Monday, Oct 26, 07:50, FLL-ATL L fare.
3. Monday, Oct 26, 11:00, ATL-BOS L fare.
4. Thursday, Oct 29, 08:45, BOS-DCA U fare.*
5. Tuesday, Nov 3, 16:00, DCA-ATL U fare.

Okay, I'll take a stab at this. If I lose could I still send you the funds to purchase some chocolate...or will that put you over the customs limit?

1. Advance (If there's a tie-breaker I'd say this one will happen @24 not 48)
2. Gate
3. Advance
4. Gate
5. No Upgrade
Old Sep 7, 2009, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
Okay, I'll take a stab at this. If I lose could I still send you the funds to purchase some chocolate...or will that put you over the customs limit?

1. Advance (If there's a tie-breaker I'd say this one will happen @24 not 48)
2. Gate
3. Advance
4. Gate
5. No Upgrade
Advance is advance is advance (besides, it is supposed to happen at 72.)

I will be mailing the chocolates out from Israel after I return, but EMS is the only safe way of doing it -- and the mailing costs would be more than you would pay for good chocolates in the States.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
I love this - GREAT IDEA ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.