FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   First class seat selector - Bulkhead (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/986441-first-class-seat-selector-bulkhead.html)

GNALUZU Aug 18, 2009 8:40 pm

First class seat selector - Bulkhead

I got my auto upgrade for my return flight this Thursday. I went in to check the reservation and saw that no seat was assigned. I selected 1C (yes, I am one of those people who actually likes the bulkhead seat).

Anyway, I saved the seat assignment and logged out. Checked again the next day and saw that my assignment was now 2B. Strange. Tried to change it back to 1C, but when I clicked save it went back to 2B.

At the gate for my outbound flight the gate agent changed my seat for my return flight back to 1C. However, when I checked again today it was back to 2B.

So, do they block the bulkhead seats in first class? I was able to book the bulkhead in coach with no problem (before getting my upgrade at the window).

Thoughts?

mersk862 Aug 18, 2009 8:43 pm

I've never had a problem selecting bulkheads if I wanted - I generally try to avoid them, but I've been assigned bulkheads several times before changing them to another (more appealing) seat.

HWGeeks Aug 18, 2009 9:09 pm

when you get to the gate and hand in your boarding pass you'll get a little slip with your new seat. It happened to me a while ago but eventually when I got to the gate scanned my boarding pass i got a little slip with the seat I had requested

Seminole_Kev Aug 19, 2009 4:16 am

Originally Posted by GNALUZU (Post 12246765)
I got my auto upgrade for my return flight this Thursday. I went in to check the reservation and saw that no seat was assigned. I selected 1C (yes, I am one of those people who actually likes the bulkhead seat).

Anyway, I saved the seat assignment and logged out. Checked again the next day and saw that my assignment was now 2B. Strange. Tried to change it back to 1C, but when I clicked save it went back to 2B.

At the gate for my outbound flight the gate agent changed my seat for my return flight back to 1C. However, when I checked again today it was back to 2B.

So, do they block the bulkhead seats in first class? I was able to book the bulkhead in coach with no problem (before getting my upgrade at the window).

Thoughts?

You don't happen to be selecting seats on a NWA operated flight through Delta.com, or vice-versa? Just was wondering as, if that's the case, I've seen where the seat assignments don't "stick" when at least working with NWA operated flights through Delta.com. In that case, you'd need to go into NWA's site to make the seat selection.

StayingHomeIsBetter Aug 19, 2009 9:41 am

Thoughts?

A FAM set-aside?

SFO777 Aug 19, 2009 9:46 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 12249073)
A FAM set-aside?

Wouldn't a FAM want to be a little further back in the cabin?

StayingHomeIsBetter Aug 19, 2009 10:25 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 12249108)
Wouldn't a FAM want to be a little further back in the cabin?

IIRC, the few posts on FT where someone has claimed to have been booted out of their seat by what they perceived to be a FAM, typically involved an aisle seat up front. 1C would seem to make sense... puts FAM between everyone else on the plane, and what ultimately needs to be protected... the cockpit.

Given the option, I am tending to avoid the aisle seats closer to the front of the FC section.

NHFL9 Aug 19, 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 12249303)
IIRC, the few posts on FT where someone has claimed to have been booted out of their seat by what they perceived to be a FAM, typically involved an aisle seat up front. 1C would seem to make sense... puts FAM between everyone else on the plane, and what ultimately needs to be protected... the cockpit.

Except I think the FAM needs under seat storage to be effective?

StayingHomeIsBetter Aug 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by NHFL9 (Post 12249680)
Except I think the FAM needs under seat storage to be effective?

A place to put the bad guys?:D

RCarverJr Aug 19, 2009 12:51 pm

What aircraft is this on? I saw when selecting NW metal seats on Delta.com that in rare cases 1C/1D were available, but actually don't exist on the aircraft being flown due to large galley/bulkhead closet space.

Denolloyd Aug 19, 2009 12:59 pm

I got my auto upgrade for my return flight this Thursday. I went in to check the reservation and saw that no seat was assigned.

I've often experienced this issue when there was a pending change of equipment type.

GNALUZU Aug 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by seminole_kev (Post 12247850)
You don't happen to be selecting seats on a NWA operated flight through Delta.com, or vice-versa? Just was wondering as, if that's the case, I've seen where the seat assignments don't "stick" when at least working with NWA operated flights through Delta.com. In that case, you'd need to go into NWA's site to make the seat selection.

Actually, this is it. I booked on Delta, but am flying on NWA metal. I called Delta last night and they changed my seat. It looks like it has stuck in the system this time.