Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Medallion on AS baggage policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, United Premiere Gold, Air France
Delta Medallion on AS baggage policy

I booked a flight on DL that is entirely AS metal. I am a Delta Medallion and am wondering if I have to pay for baggage on these flights. I can't find the answer on Delta or Alaska websites. Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Yes...you'll need to pay, unless:

Ticket was booked before May 1 (then you get 1 free), travelling in F (2 free), on military orders (3 free), traveling to MEX or GDL on AS (2 free), connecting to another airline on an international flight (2 free) or travelling only within the State of Alaska (3 free).

Only AS elites get bags for free on a regular domestic route though.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM & DM, SPG Platinum
I'm flying SFO-LAX-SYD with the SFO-LAX leg being on AS metal as a DL codesahre. When checking in online on the AS site it is only printing me boarding passes for the SFO-LAX leg and they are trying to charge me a baggage fee.

I assume that since I'm connecting to DL for an Int'l leg this should be waved and the AS agent should know this when I get to the airport tomorrow?

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by layble
I'm flying SFO-LAX-SYD with the SFO-LAX leg being on AS metal as a DL codesahre. When checking in online on the AS site it is only printing me boarding passes for the SFO-LAX leg and they are trying to charge me a baggage fee.

I assume that since I'm connecting to DL for an Int'l leg this should be waved and the AS agent should know this when I get to the airport tomorrow?

Thanks.
<Deleted>

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Aug 17, 2009 at 6:53 pm
Old Aug 16, 2009, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by layble

Thanks.
Bring proof of your connecting itinerary on Delta. As I mentioned above, if on international departure on another airline within 12 hours of your AS flight, you are entitled to 2 free bags on the AS flight.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 7:29 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
mersk862 is correct - quoted directly from the AS website. Just bring documentation of the international flight and your baggage fees will be waived.

Note that AS does not charge for up to three checked pieces of luggage for flights wholly within Alaska - for anyone.

Also note that anyone confirmed in F with AS (either paid or award ticket, but not upgrade) has access to the AS boardrooms (lounges).

John
Old Aug 16, 2009, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by fti
mersk862 is correct - quoted directly from the AS website. Just bring documentation of the international flight and your baggage fees will be waived.

Note that AS does not charge for up to three checked pieces of luggage for flights wholly within Alaska - for anyone.

Also note that anyone confirmed in F with AS (either paid or award ticket, but not upgrade) has access to the AS boardrooms (lounges).

John
Thanks. Although the AS site says any Int'l connections within 12 hours and technically I get into LAX at 9:30am tomorrow and the flight isn't until 10:30pm tomorrow. Hopefully a friendly agent will overlook this fact.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:45 pm

For what it is worth I checked in this morning at SFO with AS and the agent asked me if Delta charged for baggage. I told her not on Int'l flights and she seemed to be with happy with that answer and check my bag through to SYD. They could not print out the boarding pass for the LAX-SYD segment, but I took care of that in LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.