Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

If you can't believe your eyes...25K for Lasik (incl 5K for a FREE eye exam)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum

If you can't believe your eyes about the new Medallion 2010 program then get
....25K bonus Worldperks or Skymiles miles for Lasik (incl 5K for a FREE eye exam) -- "Offer not valid in states of NY and VA". Post 8-10 weeks after appt.
http://www.lasikplus.com/lasik-plus-...asp?encSource=

" + Earn 5,000 miles for attending a FREE LASIK Eye Exam
+ Earn 20,000 miles for LASIK procedure"

MilesBuzz post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post12134055
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:01 pm

Figures, not eligible in NY (at least I was awarded 20,000 by Bosley last August to let them look at my hairline).
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:12 pm

I've been looking for an excuse to get lasik. I was going to time it better to "finance" it through flexible spending, but they should hopefully know some of the ins and outs of that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought to do that.

Last edited by gj83; Jul 28, 2009 at 1:17 pm
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:14 pm

Thumbs down Not in VA

Talk about a total bummer. I missed the small print that it did not apply in Virginia, where I live. I signed up and now cannot make a new appointment in DC or MD.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by NICEDUDE66
Talk about a total bummer. I missed the small print that it did not apply in Virginia, where I live. I signed up and now cannot make a new appointment in DC or MD.
Think it means not valid at Lasik locations in VA or not valid for Sky Miles members with a VA address or both??
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Waaaaay too much hassle. I registered online for an appointment and provided my Skymiles number. Then I get a call yesterday taking 15 minutes and begging me not to have my contacts in when I get to the appointment (I wear them all the time and am not going to wear my glasses for half a day of work tomorrow).

Then...I get a second call VM today telling me that I have to call another number to "register" my Skymiles number and "bring the Skymiles card with you to the appointment." Despite having already "registered" via the web and despite the earlier phone call not mentioning any of this. Not worth 5K miles.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Waaaaay too much hassle. I registered online for an appointment and provided my Skymiles number. Then I get a call yesterday taking 15 minutes and begging me not to have my contacts in when I get to the appointment (I wear them all the time and am not going to wear my glasses for half a day of work tomorrow).

Then...I get a second call VM today telling me that I have to call another number to "register" my Skymiles number and "bring the Skymiles card with you to the appointment." Despite having already "registered" via the web and despite the earlier phone call not mentioning any of this. Not worth 5K miles.
I think you're overreacting. So you can't take a pair of glasses with you to work and then change out of contacts before going to your appt? And oh my god, you have to call a second number?? oh no!!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
I didn't have to call anyone...I entered the info off the above link. Then got an email asking me to click another link to confirm appointment. Done.

Easy 5K being made next Friday am Thanks for the heads up!!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
I chose to call. Christy Lee helped me. Very nice young lady. Friday in Atlanta (one of two offices here) is a go for me. Printing the offer off and saving the screen shots just in case.

Great find. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 2:34 pm

I'm not sure that laser eye surgery is something where I'd go looking for the cheapest price or best bonus-miles offer as my primary factor in deciding where to go. YMMV.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
I've been wanting some input on whether or not I would be eligible for lasik surgery and to receive 5000 miles to boot. All good. I called in and made an appointment for 8/21 in Houston. They took my skymiles number over the phone. Very easy...no problems. I'll bring my card to the appointment to confirm they have the skymiles number.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by nigelloring
I'm not sure that laser eye surgery is something where I'd go looking for the cheapest price or best bonus-miles offer as my primary factor in deciding where to go. YMMV.
YES!!! this is awesome.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I got a rock of sorts... No centers in Tulsa, only OKC. Not work a 200 mile rt drive for 5k miles. Of course, both my wife and I are as blind as bats, so I suppose it would be 10k miles... Decisions decisions
Old Jul 29, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
How can they not have one of these centers in Los Angeles??? Closest location is San Diego. Definitely not worth 5K miles for me.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nigelloring
But you would consider it a factor before strapping yourself in a metal tube and at 500+mph travel at 35,000 feet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.