Wiki Posts
Search

Gift for a middle seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL D & MM, Marriott P, Hilton S, UA, US, AA
Thumbs up Gift for a middle seat

After having to book a last minute flight recently, and ending up in a middle seat, I received an email entiltled "caught in the middle" with the following text. After all the negative things being aired in this forum, it is nice to be able to report a positive item. And this for a quick 1 hour hop from MCO to ATL. Thanks Delta

500 bonus miles as a thanks for your flexibility.
Dear Mr. DisneyDude,

Monday's are tough, and we're sorry yours may have been less comfortable when you ended up stuck in the middle seat.

While we strive to give our most loyal customers our best seats, unfortunately that's not always possible. To thank you for your flexibility and understanding, we've credited 500 miles to your SkyMiles account.

It's just one of the ways we're expressing our appreciation for your loyalty to the SkyMiles program. And we'll continue to take care of you—from booking to baggage claim and everywhere in between.

So thanks again. Next time, we hope to see you in First.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:08 pm

Good to know it's back!!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 6:33 pm

Nice touch, haven't seen that before. Anyone else receive an e-mail with bonus miles for getting stuck in the middle seat?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
I wonder if that rule applies for the middle seat in an exit row.... I have an ATL-PHX leg in a few weeks in which I'm sitting in the middle seat of the exit row....
Old Jul 29, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
OP- what status are you? Is this for only PMs?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by pitbrian
OP- what status are you? Is this for only PMs?
I know the previous incarnation of this was for PMs only (and I believe it was only good on flights on Mondays...)

Hopefully it's back full time now (and not just on Mondays).

Though hopefully I won't see another middle for a long time (only once have I had a middle - ATL-MSP last November as a Plat; never before in hundreds of flights had I not been in a window or aisle).
Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
yup i've gotten middle seat mondays too it is a nice perk on a crappy monday after being stuck in the middle seat.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by fgirard
I wonder if that rule applies for the middle seat in an exit row.... I have an ATL-PHX leg in a few weeks in which I'm sitting in the middle seat of the exit row....
It does. I flew AUA-ATL-DCA my gf on Memorial Day, with her in an exit window and me in an exit middle. Like clockwork, the e-mail and my 500 middle seat miles came the next day.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:49 pm

Wow, $5 for an hour (or more) of discomfort. Somehow I'm less impressed than others.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by paleolith
Wow, $5 for an hour (or more) of discomfort. Somehow I'm less impressed than others.
Better than nothing
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by paleolith
To me, the value is in the fact that it's a nice touch.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL
What a good gift. There are a lot of flights these days where a day or two out when you need to book a last minute trip, the only seats available are middles. But a nice gift for being stuck in the middle.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 5:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
I think I remember getting 2500 miles.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I had a middle seat but I really didnt

Did a search and found this thread. So, it appears that Delta has done this sort of thing before. I think its great. Its only 500 miles but here's my story. I had a middle seat but I really didnt.

The flight I had the 'middle' seat on was LAX to JFK. My seat was 18E. Although 18E sounds, smells, and tastes like a middle seat, its really not. There's just no window seat because of the emergency door. Its one of the best seats to have if your in coach, as long as you dont mind not having a window to look out. You have an electrical outlet, your not to far from the lav but your on the side of the plane where people dont congregate, and your right by the door so its easy on and easy off once the plane lands. Also, your one of the first to get beverage, snack service and BOB options.

Here's the e-mail from Delta. Essentially, its the same as the one the OP got last year. Thanks Delta, great way to start my day and glad to see your still thinking about us diamonds in the back in middle seats!

Find A Flight

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

Mondays are tough, and we're sorry yours may have been less comfortable when you ended up stuck in the middle seat.

While we strive to give our most loyal customers our best seats, unfortunately that's not always possible. To thank you for your flexibility and understanding, we've credited 500 miles to your SkyMiles account.

It's just one of the ways we're expressing our appreciation for your loyalty to the SkyMiles program. And we'll continue to take care of you—from booking to baggage claim and everywhere in between.

Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:50 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Did a search and found this thread. So, it appears that Delta has done this sort of thing before. I think its great. Its only 500 miles but here's my story. I had a middle seat but I really didnt.

The flight I had the 'middle' seat on was LAX to JFK. My seat was 18E. Although 18E sounds, smells, and tastes like a middle seat, its really not. There's just no window seat because of the emergency door. Its one of the best seats to have if your in coach, as long as you dont mind not having a window to look out. You have an electrical outlet, your not to far from the lav but your on the side of the plane where people dont congregate, and your right by the door so its easy on and easy off once the plane lands. Also, your one of the first to get beverage, snack service and BOB options.

Here's the e-mail from Delta. Essentially, its the same as the one the OP got last year. Thanks Delta, great way to start my day and glad to see your still thinking about us diamonds in the back in middle seats!

Find A Flight

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

Mondays are tough, and we're sorry yours may have been less comfortable when you ended up stuck in the middle seat.

Nice^ Glad to see this back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.