Best Park and Fly Facility in ATL?

Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Best Park and Fly Facility in ATL?

Any recommendations? A search produced dated information.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by mhbaker
I use a corporate discount through my employer. Park'n'Fly Plus for $5/day uncovered. So, I would say check with your employer to see if you have access to any corporate discount program. They're all located in the same area on Camp Creek Pkwy. I imagine the service is about the same at all of them.

The one I use does have Delta check-in with checked baggage service, so long as it's 45 minutes before the flight (though I would only think of using it if I was there about 90 minutes before my flight).
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: /usr/bin
I love PreFlight. They are one of the closest lots to the airport, have a loyalty program whereby just being a member you are guaranteed a spot in the lot and they also have web coupons that can make your stay very cheap:

http://www.preflightparking.com/Coupon.aspx?LocCD=ATL
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; OnePass; SkyMiles
Thumbs up Good experiences

Originally Posted by mhbaker
I have had a long & satisfactory history with Park 'n Ticket, which has a frequent-parker loyalty program, offers a Park 'n Bark pet-sitting service, and is one of the closest off-airport lots.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
I agree with the Preflight Reccomendation

I have used them for a while. Their frequent parker program is pretty good, in the last year, they have had 20% off mon-friday coupons available, and 35% off Saturday stay parking. My only complaint is that in bad weather, they dont leave busses sitting in the arrivals area like other providers seem to do.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:38 pm

I'll 3rd (or 4th) PreFlight. Used them for a few years and never had an issue. Plenty of covered parking and generally quick busses.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
I've used Park and Fly Plus for 3 years flying weekly with no issues. I like the valet service, loyalty program, carwash services, and they seem to always have a bus waiting.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
I'm glad someone starting this topic, as I've always been curious. Some quick questions ...

Originally Posted by Lofwyr
I've used Park and Fly Plus for 3 years flying weekly with no issues. I like the valet service, loyalty program, carwash services, and they seem to always have a bus waiting.
How much is the valet service per day? Can you describe how it works? (i.e., does someone help you and your bags onto the shuttle? And, what about when the shuttle arrives?) Does the loyalty program get you free parking days to use, for example, when you go on vacation? And, how much is the car wash?

Originally Posted by td777
The one I use does have Delta check-in with checked baggage service, so long as it's 45 minutes before the flight (though I would only think of using it if I was there about 90 minutes before my flight).
Can you check/pay for excess baggage as well?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I use PreFlight

I will +4 (or 5) the comments about PreFlight. I started using them when they first opened and in better economic times when the ATL lots and Park 'n Fly would always be sold out. You can get a pittance of Skymiles, but their loyalty program for free parking is better. The online coupons, as of late, have been pretty good and can even be used for mid-week covered parking ^.

- But -

Now that air travel has declined, most of the lots are not filling up as fast. You can park in the covered decks at ATL and save 15 minutes over having to wait/ride a shuttle bus. Some of the other lots may be offering specials, too.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, PC PM, MR LTP, HH DM
How about the Hotel's Park & Fly

Don't know if it would work for you, but I drive from LA (Lower Alabama) and use the Hotels on Virginia. Both the Residence Inn and Courtyard offer Park & Fly rates with UNLIMITED parking. The Crowne Plaza offers 14 days included in their park & fly and then $8 a day after that, & they have a secured lot with security.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: DL3MM,"Lifetime" GM,FC; Marriott PLT Emeritus; Hertz 5*, Retired USAF Fighter Pilot
I've stayed with Park 'n Fly Plus since they started as The Carport in the mid-80's. AAA discount gets valet covered down to a reasonable level. Ticket counter & baggage check makes a world of difference.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Pre-Flight

I've used Pre-Flight for 9+ yrs. Started using them for the loyalty program they have which gives you 250 DL SMs after a certian amount of spend and free parking certificates. Not many SMs but it was enough to hook me. Red eye arrivals can lead to a bit of a long wait (5-10 min.) for shuttle pick at airport. Easy way to prevent this is to give them a call when you are boarding train to head to main terminal.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:39 pm

Preflight for me. Their new policy for free parking makes them even better. I get 35% off (corp program) and use my free nights for long personal vacations.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I also got frustrated with showing up at ATL only to find the garage full, so I switched my business to the Parking Spot. Have been satisfied with the service so far. Can make a reservation like the other locations mentioned on this thread and one of their vans is always at the Airport to pick up passengers. One van does not leave until a replacement van pulls up.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by jbatl
I'm glad someone starting this topic, as I've always been curious. Some quick questions ...

How much is the valet service per day? Can you describe how it works? (i.e., does someone help you and your bags onto the shuttle? And, what about when the shuttle arrives?) Does the loyalty program get you free parking days to use, for example, when you go on vacation? And, how much is the car wash?

Can you check/pay for excess baggage as well?
My corp discount card gets covered valet down to about $13/day. Yes - they have staff to help you on both ends of the trip. They call in your ticket number when you board the bus and your car is there waiting for your already warmed up. The loyalty program builds points and you can use it for free days - there are different point values for self parking covered / uncovered and valet covered / uncovered. I think the car wash was around $20 - I've only used it once. A Delta kiosk is on premise as well as baggage check, I typically use this kiosk to check into my flight rather than one at the airport. I've used the baggage check once and all went well.

Park and Fly Plus maybe isn't the cheapest but the service is good (and the rate has never concerned a client).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.