Bonus Miles- Don't know why????

Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Bonus Miles- Don't know why????

I just logged in to Delta.com and it shows that I was awarded 1500 bonus points. Can't figure out why.
On the line with the award it reads "9M EM OPTIN 1B"
Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks
TB
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Bonus for opting to receive the email marketing promotions
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Bonus for opting to receive the email marketing promotions
Thanks.
TB
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:51 pm

I wonder when the rest will be done. I maintain several family accounts and two of them should be receiving the bonus and to date have not.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by reddawngrl
I wonder when the rest will be done. I maintain several family accounts and two of them should be receiving the bonus and to date have not.
I maintain 4 family accounts, and no one has received the miles. For three people the promotion ended June 8, for the fourth person the end date was July 8. I am contacting Delta about each account individually and requesting the miles for those with the June 8 end date. Will wait a little while longer before addressing the July 8 account.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:30 pm

I just received this bonus today as well, check your accounts for those who had registered:

9M EM OPTIN 1B 1500 miles

I was surprised to see this bonus as I already had been receiving marketing emails for years, but registered anyway. Thanks anyway
Old Aug 15, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
I was surprised to see this bonus as I already had been receiving marketing emails for years, but registered anyway. Thanks anyway
Registering for the promotion was supposed to sign you up for any emails that you were not already receiving--there's a total of 5 in all. Maybe that's why you were eligible for the bonus?

BTW, the delay in posting is apparently being resolved. See Post #88 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post12227319 .
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Got the points today, was not in the account last night. Glad to see that someone else posted what this is...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta DM
The email promo is targeted... You may or may not get the miles...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.