Great Flight Attendant experience today.

Old Jul 8, 09, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Smile Great Flight Attendant experience today.

I was on the LAX-ATL this morning, got my upgrade on the new 777 and was enjoying my omelet when a FA approached me and thanked me for my commitment to Delta. She stated that she saw my profile and wanted to say thank you. I am PM, 120K YTD.

It was a pleasant encounter and enforces my opinion that the Delta FA's are really stepping it up. I guess I am a VIP in there eyes but have seen an increased level of service all around over the last few months. That's my experience any way. It's a tough job any way you look at it and I for one appreciate the little things when it comes to customer service.

Any other memorable experiences from FA's going the extra mile?
Old Jul 8, 09, 8:13 pm

Did you give her one of your certificates?
Old Jul 8, 09, 8:30 pm

Programs: Former DL EP (Sigh, RIP) now GM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Nurburgring in 8:29
Redhead by chance with a southern accent?
Old Jul 8, 09, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
I had the same experience

I had the same thing happen to me on two flights...on one, the pilot came out and thanked us all and told some REALLY bad jokes. Glad he could fly cause' he is no comedian! But the bottom line is he thanked us all and was very friendly and personable. I know I appreciated it.

The second was on my flight to Denver yesterday from Atlanta. The FA came out and shook my had thanking me. A very nice touch.

Finally a shout out to the ground crew at IAD. Cathy and Marcello are awesome. They and the others above are a great part of the reason I am loyal to Delta!^^^
Old Jul 8, 09, 10:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 3MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I have experienced this myself, it is quite "endearing". It is nice to hear that DL does appreciate our long and loyal dedication.

For those special times where FA have gone above and beyond, I have historically asked for their name and sent a letter. Of late, I keep a stash of gift cards: Starbucks, Amex gift cards, etc. That I can quietly "award" / reward with.

For those of us who travel so much, these people can make or break a trip for us. Take the time and say thank you to them, it does make their day!
Old Jul 9, 09, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
Redhead by chance with a southern accent?
I had a redhead with a southern accent on my recent CPH flight in BE. Not sure if it's the same one you're referring to, but she (along with the other 3 f/a's) were among the friendliest and most attentive I've ever had.
Old Jul 9, 09, 5:36 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition.
I too had a great experience recently. I was in row 4 of a 738, and on this run row 4 was the last to get the "pasta or chicken" question for lunch. Fully expecting the chicken to be gone, the FA leaned over to me and said she saw I was a PM and she saved a chicken entree for me because she wanted me to have a choice. Never had that happen before.
Old Jul 9, 09, 6:05 am

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I too have seen a "step-up" in DL service recently, both onboard and off. On my ATL-JFK and JFK-ATL segments last week, the FA's were extremely friendly and made sure that everyone in the F cabins had several rounds of drinks and everything they needed. Even off, I called the medallion desk a few nights ago to deal with a schedule change for an upcoming itinerary and at the end of the call, I said thank you and she said "No sir, thank you for being a loyal traveller with us. We really appreciate your business." There's something about increased service and being appreciated that goes a long way in my book.

Now if only JFK had the same attitude. I guess it's a New York thing...
Old Jul 9, 09, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold
No one's thanked me yet I'm just a silver with 37k this year. But I did get a number of a FA on my DCA to JFK flight back on June 7th. Never called her though.
Old Jul 9, 09, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3MM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DL4EVR View Post
I had a redhead with a southern accent on my recent CPH flight in BE. Not sure if it's the same one you're referring to, but she (along with the other 3 f/a's) were among the friendliest and most attentive I've ever had.
Must have been! Considering that there are only about 14,000 DL FA's (22,000 if you add NW) there's probably only one redhead with a southern accent......
Old Jul 9, 09, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by dean1121 View Post
I was on the LAX-ATL this morning, got my upgrade on the new 777 and was enjoying my omelet when a FA approached me and thanked me for my commitment to Delta. She stated that she saw my profile and wanted to say thank you. I am PM, 120K YTD.

It was a pleasant encounter and enforces my opinion that the Delta FA's are really stepping it up. I guess I am a VIP in there eyes but have seen an increased level of service all around over the last few months. That's my experience any way. It's a tough job any way you look at it and I for one appreciate the little things when it comes to customer service.

Any other memorable experiences from FA's going the extra mile?
That is fantastic to hear! It is always great to see someone going above and beyond what is required to make customers happy.

On another note, Delta flies the 777 to ATL? Is this a regular service or were they just bringing the place back to a hub? If it is regular, it would be great to make sure of booking on this flight!
Old Jul 9, 09, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks View Post
No one's thanked me yet I'm just a silver with 37k this year. But I did get a number of a FA on my DCA to JFK flight back on June 7th. Never called her though.
Haha...it looks like this "great service" is being taken to a whole new, "elevated" level for you HWGeeks. Looks like you may very well reach a certain "other" club before you reach the gold medallion club
Old Jul 9, 09, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I'm to big to join that club, not enough room in the lavatory.
Old Jul 9, 09, 2:25 pm

I'll take that to mean the more innocent of the possible interpretations...
Old Jul 9, 09, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold (free 90d status)

............................................. .................................

Oh yea, btw, according to this thread, you might not be too big http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-noticed.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: