Search

non revs up front

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2009, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
non revs up front

I'm sitting on 1027 getting ready to head out. The flight is completely full. I'm in 2A. During boarding there were 4 out of uniform (but wearing dl crew tags) begging the g/a to get upgraded. The ga agent said he would try to see what he could do.the 4 non revs were all acting rude borderline demanding an upgrade. I looked at the screen and there were 12 pax on the upgrade list. Well--all four are sitting upfront (plus a uniformed captain). I sure hope there isn't one elite back there. if there is someone needs to get fired. I am dying to ask the obnoxious fa seated in 1A did all elites clear before her but I will keep my mouth shut.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta, United
Did you get the GA's name? Should have gone up and just asked what the policy is regarding upgrades to non-revs vs medallions. That question alone might have sent all of the non-revs to the back of the bus.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: S3
In uniform?

How do we know they weren't traveling on company business or Dead heading?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by SLC777RES
In uniform?

What difference does that make, with respect to whether the GA should have bypassed an elite to give an employee an upgrade?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
In uniform?

out of uniform (but wearing dl crew tags)

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
In uniform?
I believe the OP stated they were not in uniform.

I will be interested to see how the DL folks answer, as I have seen this happen as well.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
I am dying to ask the obnoxious fa seated in 1A did all elites clear before her but I will keep my mouth shut.
I have sat next to self-identified DL employees in F...and never found a single one "obnoxious."

The issue for me is rule-bending GAs. This above-described may or may not have been an example. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only steady DL customer who's been both victim and beneficiary of favor-bestowing, gate agent vagary.

The 'Upgrade' board is a procedural rough draft.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
While I always enjoy sitting next to a non rev up front, I don't beleive it should be at the cost of a paid customer who has earned the upgrade. That said, sometimes there are other conditions that merit the upgrade for no-revs. Are they traveling to work another flight? Did they use a benefit coupon that allows them to upgrade?

If the GA simply put them ahead on the upgrade list because they asked, shame on the GA.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:13 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
I seen this happen in atlanta a few times.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
I seen this happen in atlanta a few times.
Agreed. In my experience, some ATL GAs seem to play by their own rules....
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Based on what I can see in the "system" the GA bent no rules. The F cabin was sold full but went out with at least 5 available seats on it (due to misconnects coming into ATL). The employees who ended up in F were are PSUP (Positive Space Upgrades) which means they were traveling to PHX on DL business and requested an upgrade. They fall below all Medallions who are on the Upgrade list but above anyother NRSA who is looking for a seat. All the folks you saw on the upgrade list (through GIDS) appear to have been positive space employees looking for the PSUP.

Another case of reading more into a situation than there really is ...
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
DL1027 is a 737-800 ATL-PHX with 16F seats. I would find it difficult to believe that all 12 Elites on the upgrade cleared into F with the remaining 4 seats going to the non-revs.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
DL1027 is a 737-800 ATL-PHX with 16F seats. I would find it difficult to believe that all 12 Elites on the upgrade cleared into F with the remaining 4 seats going to the non-revs.
The GIDS upgrade list includes PSUP employees not just Medallions ...
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
[QUOTE=LegalTender;12003477]I have sat next to self-identified DL employees in F...and never found a single one "obnoxious."

In my years I have sat next to a few.

I still remember one, and I will be real nice and call her a b!tch. And she thought her poop smelled like roses.

All the others have been a pleasure to sit next to on the flight.

DL is no different than any other employer, they have all kinds of employees. We just seem to remember the really good ones, and the really bad ones.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by majorwibi
Based on what I can see in the "system" the GA bent no rules. The F cabin was sold full but went out with at least 5 available seats on it (due to misconnects coming into ATL). The employees who ended up in F were are PSUP (Positive Space Upgrades) which means they were traveling to PHX on DL business and requested an upgrade. They fall below all Medallions who are on the Upgrade list but above anyother NRSA who is looking for a seat. All the folks you saw on the upgrade list (through GIDS) appear to have been positive space employees looking for the PSUP.

Another case of reading more into a situation than there really is ...
So, you are saying, emphatically, that every elite who was on the upgrade list and was present at the gate to claim the upgrade ended up in FC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.