Cloth Napkin in Domestic First

Old Jun 30, 09, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Cloth Napkin in Domestic First

Today, SFO-ATL I was surprised when I opened the usual paper napkin ring and unrolled it, it was a cloth napkin. Also, the cutlery may be new, but there were two knives, one usual size and one smaller. There was nothing on the lunch tray (Ruben sandwich) that would merit 2 knives.

Anyone else notice this change?
Old Jun 30, 09, 10:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I have noticed that on only flights that have an international leg.
Old Jul 1, 09, 12:15 am

The whole description (2 knives, cloth, and "new" silverware) makes it sound like catering accidentally gave you a set of cutlery meant for BE. I pity the premium passenger who gets the set of utensils wrapped in a paper napkin that you were SUPPOSED to get
Old Jul 1, 09, 6:13 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PP, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Was the second knife able to cut anything? The ones I usually get domestically wouldn't even cut butter they're so dull (I understand the reason for this). I usually have to apply so much pressure to the food to cut it hat I end up making a mess.
Old Jul 1, 09, 6:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFTNYC View Post
Was the second knife able to cut anything? The ones I usually get domestically wouldn't even cut butter they're so dull (I understand the reason for this). I usually have to apply so much pressure to the food to cut it hat I end up making a mess.
The second knife is a butter knife.
Old Jul 1, 09, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Yesterday, Santo Domingo (SDQ)-ATL in Business Class, there was a cloth napkin with the five pieces of silverware. Never seen it on domestic flights though.
Old Jul 1, 09, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Gold MM; AA Exec Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Gold; National EE
I certainly much prefer cloth napkins. They provide a touch of class. UA has cloth napkins domestically. I wish DL would adopt cloth napkins. Maybe just on the transcon flights from JFK first if DL can't do it systemwide.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: