Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

A thank you from Gogo to Delta SkyMiles members

A thank you from Gogo to Delta SkyMiles members

Old Jul 18, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL
Well just looking at this thread now, it being posted the day after my first flight with wifi, and having another opportunity on the M88 on 7/3 I missed out on this one. Would've liked to save $4 on wifi. Oh well, hopefully there will be another one when I get in the skies the next time, which may be next month...
Old Jul 18, 2009, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Don't worry tjisnumbaone. More and more of the fleet is being rapidly equipped and I think that by next month you will probably get it.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by monitor
Don't worry tjisnumbaone. More and more of the fleet is being rapidly equipped and I think that by next month you will probably get it.
I meant a discount code for FTers. I know that the fleet is constantly being equipped.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
I meant a discount code for FTers. I know that the fleet is constantly being equipped.
Check your e-mail. There might be a surprise from Gogo with a free trial offer.

It might be in your spam filter as it was in mine but I have one e-mail server that has a configuration to put all of the spam that gets thru the virus filter in one place so I can scan for errors very quickly.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Just got this e-mail from Delta:

Originally Posted by Delta Email

Dear Mr. DiverDave,

As a Platinum Medallion member, you spend your fair share of time in the sky — and away from family, friends and colleagues.

So we're offering complimentary Gogo Inflight Internet access to keep you plugged in at 35,000 feet — no strings attached. Here's how:

• Look for the "Wi-Fi Onboard" symbol near the aircraft door to see if your flight offers service
• Enable Wi-Fi on your laptop or handheld device
• Select the 'gogoinflight' wireless network
• Launch your Web browser and sign up for service at airborne.gogoinflight.com (or sign in if you have
an existing account)
• Enter into the promo code field, click 'apply' and start surfing!

You may continue to use this promo code to stay connected on all Wi-Fi-equipped Delta aircraft as often as you like now through August 30, 2009. It's just our way of saying thanks for your loyalty to the SkyMiles program.

If you don't have a Gogo account, you can create one before your flight. For more information, check your seat pocket for the In-flight Internet information card or Sky magazine's In-flight Communication page. And stay tuned on our progress as we work to equip our entire domestic fleet with Wi-Fi by September and all Northwest Airlines aircraft next year.
Cool. Now I just need to book some flights on the Mad Dogs. Too bad the code expires August 31st, as the MDs return to HSV on 01 September. (Of course HSV-ATL is really too short anyway.)

Thanks, Gogo and Delta. Don't know how much I may get to try this out, but I do appreciate the free trial.

David
Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To answer one question, both of us (2 Plats) got the same code so I suspect that there are not too many of them

The other is that I am back and forth a whole bunch FLL-LGA in the next month and a half and will be able to take full advantage of that on what is a 100% MD88 route.

I have many 757s on other trips and have noticed some of them have recently shown the gogo decal, so there is hope for lots of use of that code.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
And don't forget a few here have reported free GoGo upon connecting. It is some sort of lottery or random gift so you may get a discount after all.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by monitor
I have many 757s on other trips and have noticed some of them have recently shown the gogo decal, so there is hope for lots of use of that code.
Almost 70% of the domestic 757 fleet has GoGo now, with a couple more each week. So unless your on an ETOPS (they are coming later) there is a good chance of success in the near term.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bwhite
Almost 70% of the domestic 757 fleet has GoGo now, with a couple more each week. So unless your on an ETOPS (they are coming later) there is a good chance of success in the near term.

And there I was figuring that I was so smart booking 3 or 4 of the ETOPS as soon as I noticed DL starting to deploy them so extensively on domestic routes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.