Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

HNL-SLC on DL in F, what equipment should I expect ?

Old Jun 24, 09, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK, VS, AF, BA, LH, SPG...

Hi,

I am going to fly a segment between HLN and SLC in the coming weeks on a RTW trip.
My timetable says 763 but DL booking system says 764.

Are these seats with the real Biz pitch or with the domestic standard ?

concerning Avod. What should I expect as well ?

Thank you in advance

Sc
Old Jun 24, 09, 8:54 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
SC, welcome to FlyerTalk. Although our airline forums suggest by their titles that they're concerned mostly with the FF programs, all Qs related to travel on that airline are customarily discussed there, so let me move your Q. to the DL SkyMiles forum for further discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 24, 09, 9:27 am

Programs: the usual,DL plat
Just did that flight about a month ago.It was one of the ex-twa 757 with the BE cabin. Clue on seat guru is amount of seats. If it is only 16 you have BE with full AVOD. Good Luck
Old Jun 24, 09, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Lifetime Plat/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
Just flew SLC-HNL-SLC last month on that aircraft. It's regular old domestic First class. Nothing special, but obviously better than coach!
Old Jun 24, 09, 10:44 am

Programs: DL
Welcome to FT SpringChicken

I am doing SLC-HNL on this Friday, and right now it's a 767-300. On the seat selector it does say 767-400 though...could really use 11G on that flight.

IIRC, that is a redeye that departs at 8:25 PM (again, IIRC) so you wouldn't get dinner I believe, but you'd most certainly get breakfast.

You will have the regular AVOD system, All 767-300's have AVOD from nose to tail.

Good luck and have a nice flight!
Old Jun 24, 09, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK, VS, AF, BA, LH, SPG...
Thank you all for these answers.

...I know, this flight sucks but, this red eye flight was the only way for me to spend the whole day at the beach in HNL part of my MR.

I will try to post a trip report for all the MR at a later date.

Sc
Old Jun 24, 09, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
Domestic first seats when I did that trip last weekend. The dinner option which I declined (since I had already eaten) was a sandwich. No breakfast was served prior to arrival.

The OGG flight had BE seats in both directions at the beginning of the month.
Old Jun 24, 09, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
Domestic first seats when I did that trip last weekend. The dinner option which I declined (since I had already eaten) was a sandwich. No breakfast was served prior to arrival.

The OGG flight had BE seats in both directions at the beginning of the month.
really??...that's interesting, we'll be on those OGG flights next month. so if the itinerary says 767-300, but the seat map shows 767-400 and only 24 seats...what should we expect?

as to the food from HNL to SLC...I think they serve dinner and not breakfast...and the dinner is not that good. cold turkey sandwich with tons of mayo on both sides of the bun :yuck:
Old Jun 24, 09, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jtrue28 View Post
really??...that's interesting, we'll be on those OGG flights next month. so if the itinerary says 767-300, but the seat map shows 767-400 and only 24 seats...what should we expect?

as to the food from HNL to SLC...I think they serve dinner and not breakfast...and the dinner is not that good. cold turkey sandwich with tons of mayo on both sides of the bun :yuck:
If the actual seat map has 24 F seats, then it's a domestic 767-300 with LiveTV.
Old Jun 25, 09, 9:47 am

Programs: AS, DL, QF, QX, AA, CO, WN
Originally Posted by jtrue28 View Post

They just switched the a/c type on this route. It used to be the 757 with 4 rows of BE, now its a 763 with domestic first. DL's site has a seatmap glitch that shows the 763 seatmap with the label of 764 at the top. It is a 763 for sure. Bummer cuz I'm flying this route in 6 weeks and I wish I could have had the BE seats!
Old Jun 25, 09, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL 1 million
Originally Posted by twofive99 View Post
They just switched the a/c type on this route. It used to be the 757 with 4 rows of BE, now its a 763 with domestic first. DL's site has a seatmap glitch that shows the 763 seatmap with the label of 764 at the top. It is a 763 for sure. Bummer cuz I'm flying this route in 6 weeks and I wish I could have had the BE seats!
I fly that route quite often and never have seen a 757 on it - it went from a 764 in the beginning of May to a 763 w/4 rows of 6 across FC. I think the SLC-OGG is a 757. I really miss the 764 and 7E&F. (Once I did have a 764 w/BE on the route!)

Re:meals on the redeye HNL-SLC - its been a sandwich as long as I remember (hot meal on the SLC-HNL) I always eat immediately before I get on, so I can benefit from the postprandial sleepiness!

Last edited by brazzleman; Jun 25, 09 at 11:20 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 26, 09, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS, DL, QF, QX, AA, CO, WN
Originally Posted by brazzleman View Post
I fly that route quite often and never have seen a 757 on it - it went from a 764 in the beginning of May to a 763 w/4 rows of 6 across FC. I think the SLC-OGG is a 757. I really miss the 764 and 7E&F. (Once I did have a 764 w/BE on the route!)

Re:meals on the redeye HNL-SLC - its been a sandwich as long as I remember (hot meal on the SLC-HNL) I always eat immediately before I get on, so I can benefit from the postprandial sleepiness!
On the redeye from HNL-SLC what is your seat of choice on the 763? I'm currently in 2 A&B.
Old Jun 26, 09, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by brazzleman View Post

Same here. 764 to 763. Never saw a 757 on this route. The redeye snack has certainly gone downhill. I remember having soup, a crabmeat salad, a roast beef sandwich and cheescake on this route many, many years ago. Now it's a rotini pasta salad with a turkey wrap and a brownie.
Old Jun 27, 09, 12:19 am

Programs: DL PM, DL 1 million
Originally Posted by twofive99 View Post
On the redeye from HNL-SLC what is your seat of choice on the 763? I'm currently in 2 A&B.
Since there are only 4 rows of first, I usually pick row 2 or 3; 4 is too close to noise in coach, and 1 is too close to the galley which is noisy on the redeye back. Only flown it twice between LAX and HNL, though I'll be on the SLC-HNL run next week. Ear plugs, eye mask, and some ambien make that flight zip by.
Old Jun 27, 09, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat
I flew this route last year, and it was the most uncomfortable F ride I've ever had. The only difference I felt there was between Y and F was there was free drinks.. But because it was a red eye, they only came by once and were never seen again until close to landing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: