Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upgrade "Not Eligible" designation on delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

I searched for an answer to this among all the upgrade questions, but can't seem to find it...I'm a GM flying on Northwest metal this weekend from PDX-MSP...When the 3 day window hit, no upgrade...so, I check for R inventory and yes, it is available...when I go to delta.com a set up a dummy booking for the same flight, it shows the upgrade "not eligible" designation for all the PDX-MSP flights....any idea was this exactly means? When there is R inventory and I'm not on an award ticket, I thought GMs went through the EUA process like a NW Gold at the 3 hour window?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I searched for an answer to this among all the upgrade questions, but can't seem to find it...I'm a GM flying on Northwest metal this weekend from PD-MSP...When the 3 day window hit, no upgrade...so, I check for R inventory and yes, it is available...when I go to delta.com a set up a dummy booking for the same flight, it shows the upgrade "not eligible" designation for all the PDX-MSP flights....any idea was this exactly means? When there is R inventory and I'm not on an award ticket, I thought GMs went through the EUA process like a NW Gold at the 3 hour window?
What kind of aircraft is it?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I go to delta.com a set up a dummy booking for the same flight, it shows the upgrade "not eligible" designation for all the PDX-MSP flights....any idea was this exactly means?
It means the DL web site has a bug that is often noted here in FT. If an NW-op flight has a first class cabin and R availability, it will process the upgrade normally for eligible NW and DL elites.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It means the DL web site has a bug that is often noted here in FT. If an NW-op flight has a first class cabin and R availability, it will process the upgrade normally for eligible NW and DL elites.
1. It's a 757.

2. Interesting because there IS R availability and the upgrade was not processed at the 3 day window...odd.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Log on to your itinerary on nwa.com using last name and record locator code, then make sure you're frequent flyer number is in the record. It should process automatically at the next sweep.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
I've had issues when booking through the NWA.com portal. It recognizes my status but doesn't transfer my res to the upgrade list.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
I've had issues when booking through the NWA.com portal. It recognizes my status but doesn't transfer my res to the upgrade list.
I think that might be what is happening in my case too because it does recognize my GM status on the nwa.com site and on the delta.com site it says "upgrade requested"...HOWEVER, I find it odd that the seat map has moved through the PM and now the GM windows without the typical filling up of seats on the seat map so it may be a bigger problem than just my individual reservation (I hope), especially since there is R space that is not being utilitzed during the "sweeps".
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL: DM, 3MM; UA:1K
I had the exact same issue on a MSP-> PDX flight several weeks ago, except that in my case as the GM and FO windows opened the first class seats filled as I sat in coach. If your Delta record shows "Not Eligible" on Delta's website, be prepared not to be considered for an upgrade. I called Delta, who said it was NW problem, and NW, who said it was a DL problem. in the end, a NW agent noted after the fact that DL had transmitted a duplicate record to NW so I was booked twice on the same flight, and she said that the NW system won't process the UG if you have a dupe record.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pssinatl
I had the exact same issue on a MSP-> PDX flight several weeks ago, except that in my case as the GM and FO windows opened the first class seats filled as I sat in coach. If your Delta record shows "Not Eligible" on Delta's website, be prepared not to be considered for an upgrade. I called Delta, who said it was NW problem, and NW, who said it was a DL problem. in the end, a NW agent noted after the fact that DL had transmitted a duplicate record to NW so I was booked twice on the same flight, and she said that the NW system won't process the UG if you have a dupe record.
Wow, that's odd...by-the-way, the "not eligible" designation appears if you try to do a dummy booking on delta.com for that flight...my record actually says "upgrade requested"....R inventory is available, GM window is open, still no upgrade, and still no seats being filled up in F...weird situation I must say...as a Premier Ex on UA, if there isnt upgrade space available when your window opens at 72 hours, the designation for the upgrade switches from "pending" to "waitlisted" so at least you know you are in the running

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.