What happened to Million Miler tags?

Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
What happened to Million Miler tags?

I just called "Special Member Services" 800 number (now known as "Premium Sales and Service" ), and was told by the agent that I can no longer order MM (blue and gold) tags. What gives? I did it before, but now she says they are not available. Is that true? I asked about an address to write a complaint; she suggested "Contact Us" on the delta.com - which, of course, had no way of sending complaint about MM mistreatment .

Are these tags no longer available? If not, how can I order them? There must be a way to do it. Help!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by MileJunkie
I just called "Special Member Services" 800 number (now known as "Premium Sales and Service" ), and was told by the agent that I can no longer order MM (blue and gold) tags. What gives? I did it before, but now she says they are not available. Is that true? I asked about an address to write a complaint; she suggested "Contact Us" on the delta.com - which, of course, had no way of sending complaint about MM mistreatment .

Are these tags no longer available? If not, how can I order them? There must be a way to do it. Help!
They closed the My Delta Store site (see here). I recently got a PM luggage tag there. Now they have "Delta Shop" http://deltashop.com where I see no luggage tags. Perhaps you could try the link at the bottom of the home page for Delta Shop for contacting customer service and see if they have any tags left to sell. It's worth a shot. Or do you only want one if it is a free gift from DL for being MM? I might reach MM by the end of this year, latest early 2010. I decided long ago that, whatever DL did for MMs in the past, they would probably no longer offer it by the time I reached that level. You might be able to find one on ebay.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
"I decided long ago that, whatever DL did for MMs in the past, they would probably no longer offer it by the time I reached that level."

You seem to be correct, unfortunately! :-(

"You might be able to find one on ebay."

I doubt it would have my FF# on it, as the (last) one I have now. ;-)
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
touch
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
The 'new' tags look nothing like the 'old' tags. The 3MM tags I received earlier this year are gold medallion tags with a tiny little 3MM logo added to them.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a 1MM tag but honestly it would be embarrassing to use it today.

MisterNice
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:45 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
The 'new' tags look nothing like the 'old' tags. The 3MM tags I received earlier this year are gold medallion tags with a tiny little 3MM logo added to them.
I must say that I have been rather disappointed with the MM tags. As a PM since the inception of the Skymiles program and a Royal Medallion prior to that, I felt that I was "downgrading" when I placed my 2 MM tag on my bags since it appeared that I was "only a GM" rather than a PM/2 MM. I do understand that the idea is to show that 1 MM is also FO, 2 MM & 3 MM are also GM, and 4MM and above are PM.

But, IMHO, it would be MUCH BETTER to acknowledge the MM status rather than the complimentary and accompanying Medallion status. As we all know, it takes a VERY LONG TIME to achieve one million miles. I am looking forward to saying that I have 3 MM and have about 280,000 to go and I look frequently to see how I am progressing.

Maybe it is time to revamp the MM tag!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.