Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New employee recognition certificates

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
New employee recognition certificates

Got an envelope in the mail from Delta today, with three certificates enclosed to hand out to employees who have gone above and beyond in their job. Recipients can go into DeltaNet and earn up to 1500 Delta Rewards points (not exactly sure what those are...).

Glad to see DL joining this - I used to get these as a US elite, and UA has sent them to me before with status packages.

Now...if only they could be used for Connection employees...
Old May 27, 2009, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I'm glad these are back. Can DL employees chime in regarding what y'all get for the points?
Old May 27, 2009, 4:28 pm

This is a great way to recognize the front-line employees.

I wonder how passengers can recognize the employees who go "above and beyond" as well, yet don't work on the front-lines...
Old May 27, 2009, 4:28 pm

Brilliant.

Are they able to be copied by PM's to give out to more than just a few good agents?
Old May 27, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
while this is great, is it yet another sign that Delta is now playing with US's playbook???
Old May 27, 2009, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I wonder how passengers can recognize the employees who go "above and beyond" as well, yet don't work on the front-lines...
With previous certificates, I was able to mail in the cert to DL to recognize a phone agent that had gone above and beyond for me. I just asked for his info and sent it in.
Old May 27, 2009, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
while this is great, is it yet another sign that Delta is now playing with US's playbook???
This isn't the first time DL has had these.
Old May 27, 2009, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I'm glad these are back. Can DL employees chime in regarding what y'all get for the points?
They can be redeemed for merchandise, travel, activities, and gift cards. Kind of like a "ThankYou Network" setup if you're familiar with that.

It takes a decent number of points to redeem some things (four or so of these certs might get someone a $25 gift card to Home Depot as one example), but employees can earn points in this program from other sources as well. But I think receiving one of these certs from a customer might be worth more than the point value inscribed on them (everyone on three...1, 2, 3: "awwww....").
Old May 27, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
This isn't the first time DL has had these.
Correct. And I've used these before. Good move to bring them back. ^
Old May 27, 2009, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
It sounds like the agents input the certificates into DeltaNet themselves, so it wouldn't be hard to give a phone agent a certificate - when you're ending the call, you can give them the certificate number to write down and they can enter it into their DeltaNet site.
Old May 27, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
^ I loved the "Above & Beyond" cards that we used to be able to hand to Delta employees who went out of their way for us. I have written Delta several times over the years lobbying for their return and I'm glad they are back. I haven't received them in the mail yet, but here's to hoping!
Old May 27, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Preferred
This is great. It's great to be able to recognize those who truly go out of their way to serve their customers.
Old May 27, 2009, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by tonypct
Correct. And I've used these before. Good move to bring them back. ^
Cool. Last time they were for PMs only, but I hope they send these out to all Medallions so more employees can be recognized!

David
Old May 27, 2009, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by mersk862
Got an envelope in the mail from Delta today, with three certificates enclosed to hand out to employees who have gone above and beyond in their job. Recipients can go into DeltaNet and earn up to 1500 Delta Rewards points (not exactly sure what those are...).

Glad to see DL joining this - I used to get these as a US elite, and UA has sent them to me before with status packages.

Now...if only they could be used for Connection employees...
With previous certificates, I was able to mail in the cert to DL to recognize a phone agent that had gone above and beyond for me. I just asked for his info and sent it in.
Originally Posted by mersk862
It sounds like the agents input the certificates into DeltaNet themselves, so it wouldn't be hard to give a phone agent a certificate - when you're ending the call, you can give them the certificate number to write down and they can enter it into their DeltaNet site.
Ahhh...I now understand what you are saying. If a employee does a good job they get rewarded by the FF. That makes sense. Is this just for PM's or will every SkyMiles member get these certificates?
Old May 27, 2009, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BTW, here is a pic of the new certs...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2porrly&s=5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.