she scores ... not

Old May 26, 09, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Thumbs down she scores ... not

Newbie here.I did the 100% bonus transfer to allow for 2FC(YWG-MSP-ATL and return).I booked on line +by the time it took to do the first one the flight was gone.Called in and agent couldn't find it either.2 hours later(on the phone),she found it but for 62,000 not 45,000 as my tcket was.Choices givenay $100 to change my ticket or use 62,500.Apparently supv.was asked and "too bad....".Is this common ?If I would've booked the 2 tix on the same Skymiles acct# would this happen?I plan to write to voice my displeasure.Ideas?Comments?
Old May 26, 09, 7:03 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, Starwood Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by iamfrugal View Post
Newbie here.I did the 100% bonus transfer to allow for 2FC(YWG-MSP-ATL and return).I booked on line +by the time it took to do the first one the flight was gone.Called in and agent couldn't find it either.2 hours later(on the phone),she found it but for 62,000 not 45,000 as my tcket was.Choices givenay $100 to change my ticket or use 62,500.Apparently supv.was asked and "too bad....".Is this common ?If I would've booked the 2 tix on the same Skymiles acct# would this happen?I plan to write to voice my displeasure.Ideas?Comments?
I brought this up before.

That has happened to me several times. I think DL has it programmed that when someone checks out a route and it is available and not taken by magic it may disappear in the near future.

Maybe I'm paranoid since I'm only in use mode, and not buying anymore revenue seats, but it seems so impossible to get awards for standard points. It also seems the disease has spread to the NW site.

Search this Thread