Wiki Posts
Search

BE Service before 9a

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, AA Gold
BE Service before 9a

When Delta/NWA merge their BE products in June, what will the standard be for TATL flights leaving Europe before 9a? Do they serve a breakfast in BE or will they do what CO does and provide lunch service except for a couple of entree options that are more in line with breakfast? I know that NWA served breakfast only. Am curious.
Old May 24, 2009, 5:56 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by tnflyer
When Delta/NWA merge their BE products in June, what will the standard be for TATL flights leaving Europe before 9a? Do they serve a breakfast in BE or will they do what CO does and provide lunch service except for a couple of entree options that are more in line with breakfast? I know that NWA served breakfast only. Am curious.
Don't know what the integrated product post-June will look like, but DL currently offers a brunch service on these early-bird TATL westbound flights, i.e., you'll get breakfast breads, entree choices that are a mix (e.g., steak and eggs, French Toast, pasta, etc.) but also still the ice-cream sundae.
Old May 25, 2009, 8:54 pm

This morning on the 9am LGW-ATL we were served the standard lunch fare about 1 1/2 hours into flight. Salad, steak, soup & ice cream sundae :-)
Old May 27, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Accor Live Limitless Diamond
9am CDG-ATL on 5/25

On Monday, on the 9am CDG-ATL flight, it was brunch after departing. Appetizers were smoked salmon, fruit salad, and cold cuts, each in its own little plate. Main plate options were apple-stuffed french toast (which I had, very good), steak and eggs (my partner had, and with what we know about the limits of airline-food-prep, he should have known better), a linguine and vegetable dish, and one other option, which I don't remember. This was accompanied by breads adn followed by a cheese course and sundaes. A pretty nice lunch was served 90min before landing.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
I am flying in BE next week and can't get anything but row 7...I guess that means I won't have a choice in picking my entree since I am so far back..has anyone had any experiences with this?
Old May 29, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Tues (June 2)I fly DL (on NW metal) FCO -- ATL, flt leaves at 945 AM. I would be happy to see brunch, but I am guessing lunch will be served since that is what is listed on DL website. But the chef selection looks nice, but I'm not sure a NY Strip is the best choice for lunch.

Dave
Old May 29, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
I am flying in BE next week and can't get anything but row 7...I guess that means I won't have a choice in picking my entree since I am so far back..has anyone had any experiences with this?
Do you have medallions status? In the past I have sometimes been approached before others around me because I'm PM so I get my choice first.
Old May 29, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
Yes, I am GM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.