BE is back in town for JFK - LAX routes!

Old May 20, 09, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK & Hyatt Globalist
BE is back in town for JFK - LAX routes!

Looking at the JFK-LAX routes in June it looks like they slowly are bringing the 757BE back on to 3 times a day toward the second week of JUNE! It's about time!!!!!!!
Old May 20, 09, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Old news. BE has been on this route once a day for over 3 months now.
Old May 20, 09, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by flyerboi17 View Post
Looking at the JFK-LAX routes in June it looks like they slowly are bringing the 757BE back on to 3 times a day toward the second week of JUNE! It's about time!!!!!!!
Don't get too excited...the 752s on JFK-LAX are extremely inconsitent, down to day of the week switches, etc. Just take a look at the schedule the following week at the beginning of July and you're back to many days of 73H and ex-Song 757s, with nary a 752BE in sight.

Until Delta formally announces (if ever) that they want to introduce a BE product/experience on transcons like JFK-LAX, I wouldn't get too attached to having a BE-equipped aircraft on these routes...

Perhaps this coming winter, when they pull back on TATL capacity, they may rotate more 752BEs into the domestic system on routes such as JFK-LAX...
Old May 20, 09, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Bring Back BusinessElite-US!

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
Don't get too excited...the 752s on JFK-LAX are extremely inconsitent, down to day of the week switches, etc. Just take a look at the schedule the following week at the beginning of July and you're back to many days of 73H and ex-Song 757s, with nary a 752BE in sight.

Until Delta formally announces (if ever) that they want to introduce a BE product/experience on transcons like JFK-LAX, I wouldn't get too attached to having a BE-equipped aircraft on these routes...

Perhaps this coming winter, when they pull back on TATL capacity, they may rotate more 752BEs into the domestic system on routes such as JFK-LAX...
ClipperDelta is 100% correct. We shouldn't get too excited. From what I hear (I ask a few DL execs), there are no plans for DL to bring back the formal "BusinessElite US" service that they had back in the late 1990s and early 2000.

TFD
Old May 20, 09, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DLATL777 View Post
Old news. BE has been on this route once a day for over 3 months now.
I take this route twice-a-week and I can assure you it hasnt been a BE 757 in well over a month! The one 757 that left around 1P was just an AVOD '57 and the rest are all 738s.
Old May 20, 09, 5:20 pm

I'm on a BE configured 767 tomorrow from JFK to LAX. Seems like a one shot deal. It was supposed to be the equipment feeder for LAX-GRU that was supposed to start tomorrow. Surprising that the JFK-LAX segment is still going. Can't figure out where they're sending the 767 after it gets to LAX as there are no departures in the schedule either Thursday night or Friday morning (except the normal 11:25am to ATL) with a BE configured 767.
Old May 20, 09, 5:58 pm
Original Member

Would one of the reasons for this be to offer an international-style Business Class product all the way from SYD to JFK? Obviously, also to compete with AA and UA's transcontinental premium products.
Old May 20, 09, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyerboi17 View Post
I take this route twice-a-week and I can assure you it hasnt been a BE 757 in well over a month! The one 757 that left around 1P was just an AVOD '57 and the rest are all 738s.
Did I say 757BE? No, I said BE. DL has at least one 767 with BE running this route everyday.
Old May 20, 09, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777 View Post
Did I say 757BE? No, I said BE. DL has at least one 767 with BE running this route everyday.
Which flight number? The only one I see is 247 tomorrow which is a one shot deal.
Old May 20, 09, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by NHFL9 View Post
Which flight number? The only one I see is 247 tomorrow which is a one shot deal.
No, there are not 2 everyday, only somedays. Tomorrow, as you said, there is only 1. My point is that there has been 1 everyday for the last 3 months with BE, this is old news.
Old May 20, 09, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NHFL9 View Post
...(except the normal 11:25am to ATL) with a BE configured 767.
On which I happily flew last Friday.
Old May 20, 09, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by DLfan View Post
On which I happily flew last Friday.
Of note, I frequently connect ATL-SLC; on my way home on Monday I was on a BE configured 757. Maybe it's just luck of the draw but haven't experienced that until this point (I've only been on these routes for a year or so). In checking my upcoming itineraries I've noticed that the seat map configuration has been changed to the BE configured plane for ATL-SLC for a couple of flights in July, as well...

Search this Thread