Only Delta or NW Boarding Passes in Sky Club

Old May 19, 09, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, LY Silver
Only Delta or NW Boarding Passes in Sky Club

I just renewed my Sky Club membership for three years. The letter that I received with my new card states:

Visit delta.com/clublocations for Club and lounge location information, and remember that you'll need to present a same-day Delta or Northwest boarding pass each time you stop by, along with your Club membership card and a government-issued photo ID.

Is that right? Only Delta or NW boarding passes? I thought any boarding pass did the trick with a club membership.
Old May 19, 09, 3:45 pm

So BP + card + ID?

I thought it was
BP + ID
OR
Card + ID

Usually they just say their own name just because they do.
Members can only use the Club in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel but such travel may be on any airline.
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ules/index.jsp

Last edited by gj83; May 19, 09 at 3:50 pm
Old May 19, 09, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
There have been some changes to the SkyClub rules (most notably, 18 year olds can join now, but need to be 21 to be admitted to a location with a self-serve bar):

* A photo ID is required for entry into a Delta Sky Club.
* Individuals must be at least 18 years of age for Club membership. Members must be 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar.
* Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere.
* Members can only use the Club in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel but such travel may be on any airline.
* Access to partner lounges is subject to additional terms and conditions, including but not limited to the house rules of the partner lounge.
* Airline, airport, and industry employees are not permitted access while in uniform (this includes employees of other airlines, private and corporate aircraft, and charter carriers).

Third to last bullet point though still allows for access if on any airline though.
Old May 19, 09, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
So no more meetings? I have on occasion gotten a gate pass to "meet" with my SO who was flying out but not a member.
Old May 21, 09, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by GaryO3 View Post
So no more meetings? I have on occasion gotten a gate pass to "meet" with my SO who was flying out but not a member.
I asked about gate passes and meetings last weekend. They will only issue gate passes for meetings where you have paid to use the conference room. Otherwise you basically have to be flying.

However, I haven't been asked to show a boarding pass recently. I had thought DL dropped that archane policy some time ago.

Search this Thread