Flying NW and getting MQMs into your DL SM account

Old May 19, 09, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Flying NW and getting MQMs into your DL SM account

Booked flights on DL.COM to fly on NW SAN-MSP-DCA. Flights completed with no activity recorded in my SM account. First called DL PM desk and they said they don't have access to the NW information, and that I would have to fax my BP along with my receipt to Skymiles Customer Service to get it taken care of.
Followed up with a call to NW including World Perks desk and they also said they have no way to transfer to my SM account.

Since we are supposed to be "one airline" in theory, has anyone else come across the same issue and had it resolved other than faxing everything in??
thanks
Old May 19, 09, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA, HH Silver, Priority Gold
You are out of luck my friend. They still function as 2 separate airlines and you will need to fax everything in. There have been several posts in the last 2 weeks that discuss that the turn around time is a lot faster (24 hours?) if you fax in the NWA online statement showing that segments were completed.
Old May 19, 09, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, HH/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by CalDeltaFlyer View Post
Followed up with a call to NW including World Perks desk and they also said they have no way to transfer to my SM account.
Maybe this part is ambiguous, but this statement sounds like the OP might have claimed NW flight credit and now wants to transfer to DL ...
Old May 19, 09, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick responses. I do not want or need NW flight credit. DL credit will do nicely. The "WP desk involvement" was at the recommendation of NW reservations...who transferred me over; and of course they didn't have a clue either since I'm not a WP member.
Old May 19, 09, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat
Did you put your SM number into the reservation? If so, credit for NW flights often takes a day or two to credit to your SM account, unlike credit for DL flights that show up pretty much as soon as the door closes on the DL flight.
Old May 19, 09, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
I recently flew NW to HEL and had my miles credited to Delta...or so I thought. The flights out posted correctly but the return trip posted to NW (even though my DL# was in the system and on my boarding pass). I had to go through NW to get the miles taken off (triple bonus had posted as well) and then had to fax Delta a copy of my NW activities to show the miles deducted from my account, a copy of my e-ticket and my boarding pass to get them credited. I was told (as you were) that there is no other way. It took a couple of weeks to get it straightened out.......now to see how/if the triple bonus miles post on Delta.
Old May 19, 09, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by DaChief View Post
I recently flew NW to HEL and had my miles credited to Delta...or so I thought. The flights out posted correctly but the return trip posted to NW (even though my DL# was in the system and on my boarding pass). I had to go through NW to get the miles taken off (triple bonus had posted as well) and then had to fax Delta a copy of my NW activities to show the miles deducted from my account, a copy of my e-ticket and my boarding pass to get them credited. I was told (as you were) that there is no other way. It took a couple of weeks to get it straightened out.......now to see how/if the triple bonus miles post on Delta.
I have a like ticket next month so here's hoping I don't lose any BPs.
Old May 19, 09, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Since you booked the ticket online on DL's website, use the Request Mileage Credit form on their webiste. It can be much faster. I've done this with a missing NW flight, and credit showed up within 5 hours (on a saturday night, no less).

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/manage...edit/index.jsp
Old May 19, 09, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Funny thing is this... boarded NW flights with a NW website boarding pass last Saturday and the flights were already credited by the time I landed in SEA. On the return this past Sunday, the flights have still not credited over 48 hours later!

Before the merger, I have never had trouble with NW flights being credited to my SkyMiles account. So why should there be a problem now?
Old May 19, 09, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL GM / MM, Nat'l EE, Radisson Rewards, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Dilemma View Post
Since you booked the ticket online on DL's website, use the Request Mileage Credit form on their webiste. It can be much faster. I've done this with a missing NW flight, and credit showed up within 5 hours (on a saturday night, no less).

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/manage...edit/index.jsp
+1

I've had a number of NWA flights not posting even though i booked through delta.com. Sometimes it has taken some turnaround time if using the Request Mileage Credit form, but they always post the miles as requested and without having to mess around with faxing a boarding pass or any other nonsense!
Old May 19, 09, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again for the replies.
I put the info in the DL mileage request form. Hopefully it will easier than
faxing everything in. Glad others have had the same "issue" and have
potentially a better way to resolve. Maybe we should probably start a count down on the "complete integration date"
Old May 19, 09, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Maybe we should probably start a count down on the "complete integration date"
No need on this topic. If one wants to request DL credit, one follows the rules as stated by DL for requesting credit. These rules do not involve phoning NW.
Old May 28, 09, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Smile Flying NW and getting MQMs into your DL SM account

I know you all are dying to know if my miles posted (and potentially yours).
Last week after faxing in the Boarding Pass and Receipt the miles posted the next day. Today, another couple of segments on NW---not posting correctly, it took a couple of days. But everything is good now. So the answer is keep your boarding passes, and your receipts (NW or DL) and your miles will get posted
Old May 28, 09, 5:06 pm

Thanks again for the replies.
I put the info in the DL mileage request form. Hopefully it will easier than
faxing everything in. Glad others have had the same "issue" and have
potentially a better way to resolve. Maybe we should probably start a count down on the "complete integration date"
I haven't seen an "issue" in this thread. If you put in your skymiles account number when booking the flight, the credits will show up in a couple days after travel. If you didn't, that was your mistake and requesting the flight credit will fix it. In addition, this isn't a merger benefit since it's been there for a while as part of Skyteam. Is there something I'm missing?

Last edited by BrianB; May 28, 09 at 5:15 pm
Old May 28, 09, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.6MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
I haven't seen an "issue" in this thread. If you put in your skymiles account number when booking the flight, the credits will show up in a couple days after travel. If you didn't, that was your mistake and requesting the flight credit will fix it. In addition, this isn't a merger benefit since it's been there for a while as part of Skyteam. Is there something I'm missing?
That's right, no different if you flew AF. You rcv MQMs.

Search this Thread