In memoriam
Original Poster

40% bonus for Hilton pts to Skymiles

Just got an email this morning.
Transfer your points into miles—enjoy a
40% bonus and Award Travel sooner.
Register Now

Dear B. Bopper

Get the most out of your Hilton HHonors® points—and turn them into more miles! You'll enjoy an additional 40% mileage bonus every time you transfer your Hilton HHonors points into miles now through August 31, 2009.

Whether you need just a few more miles—or you've just started earning miles—transferring your points into miles will get you that much closer to Award Travel. In fact, you can earn an Award Ticket with as few as 25,000 miles.

As a SkyMiles member, there's no limit on the amount of points you can transfer. Plus, it's fast, easy and free to transfer your points:
First, register today for this promotion using your SkyMiles number.
Then, transfer your points into miles by calling Hilton Reservations and Customer Care at 1-800-548-8690 (in the U.S./Canada) or 1-800-449-4155 (outside the continental U.S.).
You'll enjoy 1 mile for every 10 Hilton HHonors points transferred, plus a 40% mileage bonus!

Register Now [website address is http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...RUSHK20-C-A-A]

Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: To participate in this offer, SkyMiles member must register online between May 19 and August 31, 2009.

Offer: Earn a 40% mileage bonus by converting Hilton HHonors points into miles. The bonus will be awarded based on point transfers that are requested between May 19 and August 31, 2009. Minimum transfer amount of 10,000 Hilton HHonors Points equal to 1,000 miles. Hilton HHonors® membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

Bonus: Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion ends for all bonus miles to post.

Miscellaneous: Delta is the sole sponsor of this promotion. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® qualification or Million Miler™ status. Offers are void where prohibited by law. Additional restrictions may apply. Offers are subject to change without notice. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 76910224.
Old May 19, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
10 to 1? Sheeeesh, what a horrid exchange. Even with a 40% bonus. Now, if I could transfer 1 DL mile for 10 Hilton's, I'd cash in all my miles in a second.
Old May 19, 2009, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
10 to 1? Sheeeesh, what a horrid exchange. Even with a 40% bonus. Now, if I could transfer 1 DL mile for 10 Hilton's, I'd cash in all my miles in a second.
You don't want to know how good it used to be (between the exchange rate and the number of Hilton points required for a stay). Early this decade, I used to transfer almost all my FF miles to Hilton.
Old May 19, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PM, CO GE, AA Plat, Hyatt Pla, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks BB! especially as this is the day promotion began.
I just registered for it^
Old May 25, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: United/CO, AAdvantage, Hilton Diamond , Delta Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott & PC Plat
40% bonus

So if you transfer 10,000 Hilton points you get 1,000 Skymiles plus a 40% bonus = 1667 points total ?
Old May 25, 2009, 11:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kyletrems
So if you transfer 10,000 Hilton points you get 1,000 Skymiles plus a 40% bonus = 1667 points total ?
Correct - it's only worth doing if the top up gets you a premium international award ticket. Other than that its a HORRIBLE exchange rate, even with the bonus.
Old May 27, 2009, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by kyletrems
Originally Posted by 3rivers
Correct - it's only worth doing if the top up gets you a premium international award ticket. Other than that its a HORRIBLE exchange rate, even with the bonus.
I believe the transfer of 10,000 HH points would yield 1,000 + 400 = 1,400 SkyMiles.

Consider that a transfer counts as a Partner Activity under the current promo that ends June 22, and say you have 7 Partner Activities booked, and you've exhausted all your options for more Partner Activities other than a transfer from HH. The transfer becomes 8th Partner Activity, and another 2,000 SkyMiles bonus kicks in.

10,000 HH points then yields 1,000 + 400 + 2000 = 3,400 SkyMiles. Not shabby. I would say the value of SkyMiles received is somewhat greater than the value of HH points surrendered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.